Home Open Account Help 337 users online

Passenger Trains > Beech Grove, Rarus Railroad, etc on History Channel

Date: 06/28/07 19:21
Beech Grove, Rarus Railroad, etc on History Channel
Author: krapplem

The History Channel's Boneyard program had a good episode on recycling railroad scrap tonight. Among other things, they have pieces on Amtrak's Beech Grove (or is it Beach Grove?) shops refurbishing cars and locomotives, Grand Luxe in Colorado, the TTCI center in Pueblo and Rarus RR (Montana) classic GP-7 locos. Pretty much all of the technical stuff was accurate, too. A good cab shot in the GP-7 at Rarus for good measure.

It's over now but they will repeat it at 1:00 AM, 11:00 PM Sunday and 3:00 AM Monday. All times EDT. Worth watching.

And I'll beat someone to the punch...yes, there already is a thread on the Western board about the program. I'm posting here because it does concern passenger trains and not everyone looks at the Western/Eastern boards.
Ken

Date: 06/28/07 19:27
Re: Beech Grove, Rarus Railroad, etc on History Channel
Author: Genesis803

I just happened to catch the show why feeding my new baby son. It was a great show. I'm glad to see Beech Grove getting some attention for their hard work.

Date: 06/28/07 19:31
Author: JMan

Very good show! Didn't realize they made fence posts from scrap rail.

Date: 06/28/07 19:35
Author: czephyr17

<Very good show! Didn't realize they made fence posts from scrap rail.>

Down in Mexico they use old rail for telephone poles along the railroad.

Date: 06/28/07 19:48
Author: airbrakegeezer

Since you asked...it's Beech Grove, as in a grove (cluster of trees, smaller than a wood) of beech trees -- not a grove at a sandy beach...

Date: 06/29/07 06:35
Author: Lackawanna484

It was a nice segment.

Lots of Amtrak workers displaying their expertise in repairing engines and passenger cars. One guy was a third generation employee in the shops, his grandfather started there in 1906...

Date: 06/30/07 08:47
Author: ts1457

Lackawanna484 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> It was a nice segment.
>
> Lots of Amtrak workers displaying their expertise
> in repairing engines and passenger cars. One guy
> was a third generation employee in the shops, his
> grandfather started there in 1906...

I liked it, but I wonder if the general public got the impression that Amtrak smashes up a lot of trains?

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0396 seconds