Home Open Account Help 265 users online

Passenger Trains > Central Link Light-Rail Update

Date: 08/02/07 16:16
Central Link Light-Rail Update
Author: Macster

That big yellow gantry crane is on it's final leg. The crew has switched over to a 12 hour shift and next week will be a 24 hour day until completion because of the need to close multiple roads.

From the looks, the Tunnel boring machine is working on the Northbound Tunnel and the last piece of the overpass over Airport Way is soon to be completed. I no longer see the Emerald Mole from Airport Way and Tullys.

Rail is pretty much all laid except for the follow locations

Airport Way to Mount Baker Station (through the tunnels) and down to Street level though when I drove by there today, it was pretty much down for the Southbound leg
Hwy 599 (I-5 bypass) at Interurban Ave to where the big yellow gantry crane is at now
Martin Luther King Way, along Boeing Access Road, over I-5 and the BNSF mainline to the big yellow gantry crane.

Date: 08/02/07 18:47
Re: Central Link Light-Rail Update
Author: burlingtonjohn

Cool shots. Where is this?

Regards,
Burlington John

Date: 08/03/07 00:37
Author: mundo

South of Seattle Wash, on the way to SeaTac airport.

Date: 08/03/07 12:57
Author: symph1

Will this actually serve the airport, or is this a switch to shuttle bus kind of thing?

Date: 08/03/07 15:00
Author: sactobob

symph1 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Will this actually serve the airport, or is this a
> switch to shuttle bus kind of thing?

Initially, the line will stop just short of the airport, with shuttle buses the rest of the way. But an agreement has been reached with the airport, and construction will start soon on an extension the rest of the way to the airport.

Date: 08/03/07 21:16
Author: DWHonan

Construction of the airport extension from the SR 99 station started earlier this summer.

-Dave

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0358 seconds