Home Open Account Help 246 users online

Passenger Trains > Private Cars

Date: 11/26/07 11:41
Private Cars
Author: CSabresXr1

Does anybody know the reporting marks for the private cars. I saw on 48-24 the other day the Sheriff's Railcar and then a couple of weeks ago that one pullman car with the neon Navy sign went by on 48. I think they are RRPX reporting marks on them, but its hard to see the actual car number on the side so I can label my photo's!!

Thanks
Ian

Date: 11/26/07 12:15
Re: Private Cars
Author: amtrak1007

The Navy Car goes under PPCX 800188, the car is based out of the west coast of Mich. If you would like more information on that car feel free to contact me. Most cars will use either a PPCX or RPCX reporting mark or some folks have even gone so far as to get their own marks (although these are few and far between).

Date: 11/26/07 14:40
Re: Private Cars
Author: Jack_Deasy

"PPCX" reporting marks are administered by the American Association of Private Railroad Car Owners, Inc. (AAPRCO)

"RPCX" reporting marks are administered by the Railroad Passenger Car Numbering Bureau Inc. (RPCNB), a wholly owned subsidiary of the Railroad Passenger Car Alliance
(RPCA).

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0352 seconds