Home Open Account Help 188 users online

Passenger Trains > Now Appearing Live at Planetarium

Date: 04/30/08 08:06
Now Appearing Live at Planetarium
Author: GrandeGold

UTA's newest extension of it's expanding LRV system has three brand new stations. Of the three new stops, "Planetarium" along the Gateway Mall is my favorite.

I took advantage of UTA's free FrontRunner one last time before the fees kick in on Thursday. I captured this trio of images waiting for a northbound TRAX to whisk me away after an evening of soaking up mass transit, Utah style. There's nothing quite as fun as watching folks running in panic mode for a departing train (as if it will be the last). And yet, one passes by this point every 7.5 minutes or so.

Anyhow, enjoy the shots.

James

Date: 04/30/08 18:09
Re: Now Appearing Live at Planetarium
Author: RuleG

GrandeGold Wrote:
There's
> nothing quite as fun as watching folks running in
> panic mode for a departing train (as if it will be
> the last). And yet, one passes by this point every
> 7.5 minutes or so.
>
Something I've thought about doing, but never had the nerve, is to wait around in a train or transit station in the evening. As soon as a train left and an attractive woman would come running and then get mad that she missed her train, I'd go up to her and say "Hi, I work for xyz transit agency (or commuter railroad). Thanks for chasing this train out of the station. If you hadn't come along in a hurry, my train never would have left the station."

Dave

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.03 seconds