Home Open Account Help 269 users online

Passenger Trains > Critical Incident - Caltrain (Mountain View, CA)

Date: 06/06/08 19:58
Critical Incident - Caltrain (Mountain View, CA)
Author: fjc

It's happened again, another apparent suicide in Mountain View, CA on Caltrain near the San Antonio stop. Not sure which train, I believe it may have been 261 or 263. We all know the circumstances as it happens enough, though I won't preach the gospil until there's more details available. Lots of commuters affected by this on a Friday afternoon, with a shortage of equipment due to the previous discovery of defective trucks on some cars, removing a set due to this incident puts an even bigger strain on the fleet. My mother was stuck at Palo Alto since 4:30pm, normally she'll ride the train which had the critical incident, she was finally able to get on an abbrivated 369 which was making all the stops after PA.

Here's a short news blip about the incident - http://cbs5.com/local/fatal.train.accident.2.742712.html

My condolences to the crew of the train involved, not a way to end your week by any means.

Date: 06/08/08 11:11
Re: Critical Incident - Caltrain (Mountain View, CA)
Author: TopCat

It was No. 263 heading Northbound. Due to the shortage of equipment and crews, 7 trains were
anulled and a few were cancelled. Not a fun afternoon/evening at all.

Have a good rest of the weekend.

TopCat

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0468 seconds