Date: 07/28/08 11:49
Amtrak train 3 arives Trinidad 7/19/ 2008
Author: Mudrock

Enjoy,

Chris

Date: 07/28/08 12:44
Re: Amtrak train 3 arives Trinidad 7/19/ 2008
Author: stone23

When I went to junior high school they taught us to call that island TRINIDAD AND TOBAGO.

Nice picture!

Date: 07/28/08 13:14
Re: Amtrak train 3 arrives Trinidad 7/19/ 2008
Author: Woodman

Just for a bit of humor: Trinidad, CO, is the sex change capital of the world so I am told. Any man can become a woman and I think any woman can become a man. I talked to some Amtrak OBP and they told me some pretty good looking (former Men) get on board. Just thought you would want to know. LOL So guys if you are thinking of a BIG change, you know where you can go. LOL Seems like the old railroad town is not dead after all.

Date: 07/28/08 13:29
Author: rovertrain

Woodman Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Just for a bit of humor: Trinidad, CO, is the sex
> change capital of the world so I am told. Any man
> can become a woman and I think any woman can
> become a man. I talked to some Amtrak OBP and they
> told me some pretty good looking (former Men) get
> on board. Just thought you would want to know.
> LOL So guys if you are thinking of a BIG change,
> you know where you can go. LOL Seems like the old
> railroad town is not dead after all.

I had heard the doctor that did all the sex changes recently retired. So everyone looking for that "BIG Change" is out of luck in Trinidad, CO.

Date: 07/28/08 14:14
Re: Trinidad 2008
Author: soundman

"I had heard the doctor that did all the sex changes recently retired. So everyone looking for that "BIG Change" is out of luck in Trinidad, CO."

Not true. As a railfan who's income comes from the film & video production business, I had occasion to be in Trinidad last January. After following the movement of steam engines to their new home in Alamosa, my real justification for being in this part of the state was to be part of a video crew for a daytime talk show. We spent most of a morning shooting the transformation of a he to a she. I thought it would make me queasy, but it seemed surreal enough that it didn't bother me.

As it turns out, the doctor who retired had trained the doctor who is doing the procedures now, sometimes two in a day. She had the operation herself years ago when she was a younger man.

Soundman - - never a dull moment

Date: 07/28/08 19:25
Re: Trinidad 2008
Author: lowwater

Not to be a nitpicker, or to, uhm, er, change the subject(g), but Trinidad grew up as a coal town, not a railroad town, although of course the latter was required by the former.

Trinidad was the unofficial capital of the Colorado Fuel & Iron's southern Colorado coal empire, as well as the hub for major operations of the Victor American Fuel Company, and many other smaller companies operated in the area. From the 1880s until WWII it was a hotbed of union/antiunion activity -- the infamous Ludlow Massacre of 1914 occurred a little over 10 miles north. Numerous mine disasters -- which played no little part in the drive for the union and better safety practices -- occurred in the area, the worst being the Hastings explosion and fire in 1917 in which 121 men died, but 1910 being the worst year, when disasters at Primero (CF&I), Starkville (CF&I), and Hastings (Victor American) killed a total of 210 men.

I guess FWIW Trinidad IS more of a railroad town than a coal town, though, since the railroad still runs and coal hasn't been mined in the area now for quite a few years.

lowwater

Date: 07/29/08 07:38
Author: AlwaysLate

Woodman Wrote:

That's not humor. I am now mortified and have tossed my entire plate of morning grub. Thanks, in a way, for your assistance in my diet.

Date: 07/29/08 11:15
Author: Lurch_in_ABQ

Grubs are high in protein and minerals.

Date: 07/29/08 13:02
Author: ProAmtrak

Woodman Wrote:

I'll make sure I don't even stop there myself then, since I want a real lady, not no fake!

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0584 seconds