Home Open Account Help 395 users online

Passenger Trains > Ever seen Denver Union Station???

Date: 08/25/08 20:19
Ever seen Denver Union Station???
Author: lowwater

The MSNBC set for the Democratic National Convention is outside the Pepsi Center with DUS as the background. Beautiful, even with the Armor Yellow passenger cars. I only checked in on and off so although they warned one and all about the noise of an occasional freight train I didn't hear-see any.

And the famous red neon sign, including "Travel by Train" was certainly front and center tonight!

Still on as I type at 9:21 PM MDT but if you didn't catch it take a look tomorrow, regardless of your politics in 2008 that view is good for the soul!

See also:

http://www.trainorders.com/discussion/read.php?1,1745529

lowwater

Date: 08/25/08 21:16
Re: Ever seen Denver Union Station???
Author: DHarrison

In the overhead helicopter shot I did see the BNSF coal train with brand new gons loaded with coal. The train is parked alongside the stadium at the request of officials.

D. Harrison

Date: 08/26/08 05:29
Author: joemvcnj

Be something if Joe Biden were to come into town on #5 as he does daily between Wilmington and DC, but then Amtrak would not need the bad publicity should it be 3 hours late.

Date: 08/26/08 07:11
Author: KimHeusel

joemvcnj Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Be something if Joe Biden were to come into town
> on #5 as he does daily between Wilmington and DC,
> but then Amtrak would not need the bad publicity
> should it be 3 hours late.

He'd have to leave and come back again. He was shown pmominently among those in attendance Monday night.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0345 seconds