Home Open Account Help 280 users online

Passenger Trains > IC&E fall color run

Date: 10/12/08 18:18
IC&E fall color run
Author: QU25C

In what maybe the last IC&E fall Color train along the river with the CP take over in 2 weeks. Shot passing the front of the Great River museum, Dubuque,Ia 10/12/08

Date: 10/12/08 19:09
Re: IC&E fall color run
Author: NebraskaZephyr

While it's well known how much of the IC&E is being brought "back into the fold", so to speak, by the CP takeover, it's also interesting to note the ex-CP rolling stock that is "coming home" as well.

I submit as Exhibit B (Exhibit A being the ex-CP SD40-2s) the two ex-CP coaches in the DM&E/IC&E executive train pictured above. Wonder if CP will keep those for service with the 2816?

Nice shot, sir....is that the former Milwaukee depot in Dubuque? Looks like something they could have built, but IC had some brooding brick edifices as well. What is its current usage?

Thanks for posting,

NZ

Date: 10/12/08 19:16
Author: RobJ

NebraskaZephyr Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
>
>
> Nice shot, sir....is that the former Milwaukee
> depot in Dubuque? Looks like something they could
> have built, but IC had some brooding brick
> edifices as well. What is its current usage?
>
> Thanks for posting,
>
> NZ

Two stikes and you are out. Only kidding. Former CB & Q station. Hovever, completly rebuilt but I believe use parts of old structure but whatever the case is at site of CB &Q Dubuque(not East) station. I caught this guy by accident at Marquette, IA, just a little later. Notice mismatched number boards

Bob Jordan

Date: 10/12/08 19:17

Its a new CB&Q depot about in the same spot as the old one was at. Yes they had TR on the IC at one time and had a switcher there until the 80. its just a front its not a depot , IC's was under the bridge in the back ground

Date: 10/12/08 20:17
Author: NebraskaZephyr

RobJ Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Two stikes and you are out. Only kidding. Former
> CB & Q station. Hovever, completly rebuilt but I
> believe use parts of old structure but whatever
> the case is at site of CB &Q Dubuque(not East)
> station. I caught this guy by accident at
> Marquette, IA, just a little later. Notice
> mismatched number boards
>
> Bob Jordan

Thanks, Bob.

With their main line up the east bank of the Mississippi and the well-known locations of *East* Cabin and *East* Dubuque, I don't automatically think of the "Q" on the west side of the river. But being a BRHS member I should know better!

NZ

Date: 10/13/08 06:15
Author: crs1026

Where is the passenger trainset kept when not running specials?
We're heading to ICE land this week - and I'd love to shoot the thing before it gets a coat of maroon paint ;-)

- Paul

Date: 10/13/08 09:21
Author: TrainB

Hopefully, you're heading to Rock Island this weekend for the QJ runs!

Date: 10/13/08 14:01

South Dakota i think, There DME cars.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0539 seconds