Home Open Account Help 314 users online

Passenger Trains > Superliner Layout and running orientation?

Date: 12/13/08 16:37
Superliner Layout and running orientation?
Author: crs1026

Please pardon my newbie question - it's been a lot of years since I have travelled Superliner.

Does the bedroom lettering run front to back, or back to front - ie is Bedroom D nearer the end or the middle of the car?

Also, does Amtrak have a practice of whether bedrooms run forward or rearwards, or is it random luck which way the car is pointed?

- Paul

Looking forward to Bedroom D, Car 532

Date: 12/13/08 17:01
Re: Superliner Layout and running orientation?
Author: mundo

From Center, its E-D-C-B-A

Can be forward or backwards, depending upon how the car gets turned.

Date: 12/13/08 18:17
Re: Superliner Layout and running orientation?
Author: smitty195

Date: 12/14/08 19:40
Superliner Layout and running orientation?
Author: jp1822

I always prefer the middle bedrooms, C or D, specifically due to the fact they are more towards the center of the sleeper. Bedroom A is a little different than the rest - smaller and directly over the wheels. So it's not my preference to take A at all - I'd take a roomette over bedroom A any day. I'll often take a bedroom even if travelling solo. I've never taken a roomette when travelling with someone else - always a bedroom or two roomettes. I don't really have a problem with E. Many people don't like it because it so near to the steps and below the "door" on the lower level. However it is more in the center of the car.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0441 seconds