Home Open Account Help 331 users online

Passenger Trains > regarding taking photos in train stations...

Date: 02/12/09 18:54
regarding taking photos in train stations...
Author: DTrainshooter

Having just returned from a 30-day rail trip in the US and Canada...I took photos/video of trains at stations and of the stations themselves (both interior and exterior) at LA, Chicago, New York Penn, Sacramento, Denver, Kansas City, Albuquerque, El Paso, San Antonio, Houston, New Orleans, Toronto, Winnipeg and Vancouver plus at many smaller cities and towns along the way and not once was a word said to me. The secret? Be discreet...get your shot quickly and don't draw attention to yourself. I don't care what our rights are as photographers when it comes to pulling a camera out in a train station there may be railroad employees or security guards around who are misinformed or paranoid or whatever...why draw their attention and create a scene? If I lived locally I'd be inclined to be a little bolder but while traveling the last thing I wanted was to be detained somewhere and miss a train plus it's pretty easy to get the shot you want without anyone even noticing...just use a little common sense and respect other people's space. Just my two cents worth on the subject...

Don Delitz
Vancouver, WA

Date: 02/13/09 07:06
Re: regarding taking photos in train stations...
Author: trainmaster3

There was a lot of good discussion and points made in the thread below on this topic. I agree with those who advocate the common sense rule. Consideration of others would go a long way toward diffusing these situations from all pespectives. "Do unto others as you would have them do unto you" seems a forgotten premise these days. Too bad...

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.034 seconds