Date: 02/23/09 04:39
Ohio wants slice of pie
Author: ts1457

No matching funds variety. Get in line, good luck:

http://blog.cleveland.com/metro/2009/02/ohio_works_to_get_on_track_for.html

Date: 02/23/09 05:03
Re: Ohio wants slice of pie
Author: MEKoch

I am curious about the map used in this blog article. It shows Marion, OH on the proposed route. The only route map I have seen shows the corridor as staying on the NYC (CSX) line from Galion directly into Columbus. This line has light freight traffic and could easily handle passenger trains.

If they plan to turn west at Galion over to Marion, they are going to waste 30 minutes at a minimum. And there are no connections at Marion in the southeast quadrant to N&W (NS) or C&O (CSX). BIG money would be needed. Then perhaps an additional connector at Worthington would be needed to get back onto the CSX.

Whence Marion?

Date: 02/23/09 05:26
Author: Gonut1

They didn't include Chillicothe?
Gonut

Date: 02/23/09 10:25
Author: stone23

Gonut1 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> They didn't include Chillicothe?
> Gonut

Nor Chagrin Falls which used to be the terminal of a "vibrant" Wheeling and Lake Erie RR branch.

Date: 02/23/09 10:58
Author: jim55

First, Akron, (My hometown)lost Amtrak service and now, are not included in a State wide proposed passenger rail service. What gives?Jim

Date: 02/23/09 11:22
Author: DL701

It looks like they want to make it a commuter train for their rich friends in the northern suburbs.

Date: 02/24/09 04:55
Author: NYCSTL8

I don't understand the Marion "jog" either. Maybe the "planners" have never seen the Marion track layout? Isn't Akron supposed to have a dedicated bus connection to the nearest 3-C station?

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0318 seconds