Home Open Account Help 239 users online

Passenger Trains > Are there currently Sightseer Lounges on Capitol Limite

Date: 09/25/09 15:46
Are there currently Sightseer Lounges on Capitol Limite
Author: usa4624

Does the Capitol Limited typically operate with a Sightseer Lounge, or did that come off with the Cross Country Cafe (TM)?

Date: 09/25/09 16:21
Re: Are there currently Sightseer Lounges on Capitol Li
Author: passengerfan

Looking at this mornings Sand Patch Camera the lounges seem to be operating on the Capitol Limited.

Al - in - Stockton

Date: 09/25/09 16:41
Re: Are there currently Sightseer Lounges on Capitol Li
Author: cutboy2

yes.

Date: 09/25/09 21:33
Superliner Sightseer Lounges on Trains
Author: jp1822

The only overnight LD train operating with a Superlinr Diner-Lounge and NO Superliner Sightseer Lounge is the City of New Orleans. Out of all the Superliner trains, this is probably one of the shortest routes end point to end point. It ranks VERY close to the Capitol Limited.

On the Capitol Limited and Texas Eagle - the only other trains operating with Superliner Diner-Lounge cars - the Superliner Sightseer Cars are paired next to the Superliner Diner-Lounge. Amtrak deemed that they needed to retain the Superliner Sightseer Cars on these two trains. For the Capitol Limited, it seems to be more of a capacity issue I think. For the Texas Eagle, it is more of a grass roots effort (in my opinion) keeping the Superliner Sightseer Lounge intact here. I doubt we are going to see another overnight train in operation like the City of New Orleans (i.e. no Superliner Sightseer Lounge).

Date: 09/26/09 17:07
Re: Superliner Sightseer Lounges on Trains
Author: Daze

While we are on the subject of Sightseer Lounges, are there still plans to add a Cross Country Cafe to the Portland-Spokane Empire Builder? When might this happen? Will it mean the Sightseer will operate to Seattle?

Date: 09/26/09 18:17
Author: GP25

I thought I heard something a while back.
The Portland Section was to getting a second
sleeper and maybe additional Coach. But who
really knows what if and or what will happen when

Daze Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> While we are on the subject of Sightseer Lounges,
> are there still plans to add a Cross Country Cafe
> to the Portland-Spokane Empire Builder? When
> might this happen? Will it mean the Sightseer
> will operate to Seattle?

Jerry Martin
Los Angeles, CA
Central Coast Railroad Festival

Date: 09/27/09 14:51
Author: jp1822

GP25 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I thought I heard something a while back.
> The Portland Section was to getting a second
> sleeper and maybe additional Coach. But who
> really knows what if and or what will happen when
>
>
>
>
>
> Daze Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > While we are on the subject of Sightseer
> Lounges,
> > are there still plans to add a Cross Country
> Cafe
> > to the Portland-Spokane Empire Builder? When
> > might this happen? Will it mean the Sightseer
> > will operate to Seattle?

It's in one of Amtrak's reports on the $1.3B they received to restore some of the Superliners, Amfleets, Viewliner Diner etc., however, it is a little vague on what will actually happen in terms of the Empire Builder's operations. The report speaks to returning the Capitol Limited consist to having regular full service Superliner Diner and then the Capitol Limited's Superliner Diner-Lounge being sent and added to the Portland section of the Empire Builder. It hints at perhaps an expanded Empire Builder consist, but no details (i.e. will the Superliner Sightseer Lounge remain part of the Portland section or be sent to the Washington section, what will happen to the Diner-Lounge cars once the Empire Builder is combined in Spokane etc.). So the report sort of leaves out some specifics, and we all know that "Amtrak Plans" can change.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0568 seconds