Home Open Account Help 258 users online

Passenger Trains > Metrolink new scheme 876 in San Dimas, CA today...

Date: 12/27/09 13:46
Metrolink new scheme 876 in San Dimas, CA today...
Author: PasadenaSub

While out doing some shopping at the local Target, I decided to bring along the camera. I set up for a going-away shot of Sunday-Service train 361 on the San Bernardino line at Lone Hill Ave. in San Dimas. I'm glad I brought the camera when I noticed F59PHi 876 in the new scheme pushing the train towards LA.

Rich

Date: 12/27/09 18:37
Re: Metrolink new scheme 876 in San Dimas, CA today...
Author: F40PHR231

Everybody that whined about how blank the front of the F59PHIs were before now have something to be happy about. :)

Date: 12/28/09 06:05
Author: Des-Lab

Rich: I'm not sure if I want to give you a high-five or scream out an obscenity.

Seriously though. Good catch. From one of my old hometowns (I last lived in Placentia. But San Dimas and West Covina is where I grew up, so those will always be considered my home towns.)

There aren't many things I miss about SoCal. About the only things I do miss are 1. Pinnacle Peak steak house (located in San Dimas), 2. Clearmans North Woods Inn (located in Covina and La Mirada), and 3. Metrolink trains and chasing them with a camera.

I caught a handful of Metrolinks in the transitory colors, but who knows when I'll get one in the full completed colors.

Anyone watching over my old Olive Sub these days?

Date: 12/28/09 17:24
Author: Erik

Ok, so far on T.O. people have seen a McDonald's logo in this paint scheme as well as comparing it to a box for a feminine hygiene product.

Any suggestions for an official nickname? Here's mine.

McKotex.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.223 seconds