Home Open Account Help 301 users online

Passenger Trains > amtrak reservations for specific bedrooms

Date: 01/04/10 17:09
amtrak reservations for specific bedrooms
Author: milwrdfan

I'm looking to book an Amtrak trip in the near future, and am looking to purchase sleeper space. Is there a way on Amtrak's website to specify a specific bedroom, or must I call them to select a specific room request? I've worked partially through their site and at least to the point I got all I could specify was a type of room; not a specific room number.

Thanks!
Scott

Date: 01/04/10 17:12
Re: amtrak reservations for specific bedrooms
Author: AmTrip

On the website, no, you can not request a specific room. You'll have to give them a jingle for that. Keep in mind that they use "bucket" pricing, so if you found a certain fare online, it might be (for example) Room #12 downstairs. If you want to change to Room #4 upstairs, there might be an additional charge.

Date: 01/04/10 18:01

Thanks for the info. Sounds like I'll be talking with Julie.

Date: 01/04/10 18:24
Author: santafedan

When you call say "agent" while Julie is talking to get a real person. I booked a long trip and got the rooms I requested. I booked in October 2009 for June 2010.

Date: 01/04/10 18:32
Author: usa4624

No, you will be talking to an Agent. Julie doesn't handle rooms...

milwrdfan Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Thanks for the info. Sounds like I'll be talking
> with Julie.

Date: 01/04/10 19:37
Re: Amtrak reservations for specific bedrooms

Made reservations just a bit ago, and the person at Amtrak I spoke with got me exactly the bedrooms I wanted, so should be a good trip!

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0269 seconds