Home Open Account Help 186 users online

Passenger Trains > Train 3 & 4 info on my trip today

Date: 04/11/10 18:21
Train 3 & 4 info on my trip today
Author: Woodman

Last Sunday after church we drove to Gailsburg to board #3. It was a great trip, but our rail car needed to be called in for major overhaul. We returned to Gailsburg this afternoon on #4 and our car was pretty good. I noticed Amtrak engine 45 on the siding in ABQ. Does anyone know if it is in running order and waiting to be used as needed? In Las Vegas, NM I noticed lots of track equipment, which looked like they were doing some major repair, does anyone know what that was all about?

The personnel were all good and the engineer did a great job. My complaints were the food. I ate breakfast twice and the fake eggs (I think) had no taste and neither did the grits. This morning we had French toast, and it was not very good. I would say the food on Amtrak is going down the tubes. I'd pay more if the food were fresh and good. The service was good and they were quick. The first chair car behind the lounge really had a smell, all the way. I wish there was something Amtrak could do. I understand one guy for three cars is a bit much, but it would be nice if they could keep the rest rooms cleaner.

We are now over 103,000 miles on Amtrak. This trip we saw bear, elk -- lots of elk in NM, wild turkeys, antelope in NM, and maybe some other things which were pretty far off to be able to tell. The ride was real smooth.

Date: 04/11/10 18:48
Re: Train 3 & 4 info on my trip today
Author: TS2010

The engine you saw in Albuquerque is a protect engine based at ABQ.

Date: 04/11/10 20:56
Author: joemagruder

There also is a protect engine for 5 and 6 in Denver. Is there one on the Empire Builder's route?

Date: 04/12/10 12:40
Author: RD10747

Maybe they have a couple of 'old goats' in waiting...

Date: 04/12/10 20:38
Author: SD45X

Curve work at Blanchard.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0331 seconds