Home Open Account Help 336 users online

Passenger Trains > Opening day Baseball and Railfanning - SF Peninsula

Date: 04/11/10 21:50
Opening day Baseball and Railfanning - SF Peninsula
Author: PasadenaSub

Since my recent 3-day trip to San Jose coincided with several sporting events, I made plans to combine a railfan trip with attending some games. I managed to catch the NHL San Jose Sharks at the HP Pavilion on Thursday, April 8 along with a baseball double-header on Friday. I saw most of the SF Giants home opener against the Atlanta Braves, then left after 7 innings to catch Caltrain down to Palo Alto - where a quick shuttle bus ride would take me to the Stanford baseball stadium for an early evening game versus the Oregon Ducks in a Pac-10 matchup.

At the time I left AT&T Park, I lamented not sticking around until the end. However, it was just as well when I later learned that the game would go to 13 innings with the Giants winning (and I was pulling for the Braves).

Here's a few pics from Friday's rail and baseball action.

1) At Palo Alto, I hung out for a couple hours in the mid-morning before boarding a train for San Francisco. Here's my train, just before I boarded.

2) I didn't know what kind of views to expect inside AT&T Park, but I was pleasantly surprised to find this angle from the left field upper level of an SF Muni train with the Bay Bridge in the background. The masses were still piling into the stadium at this point.

3) The Giants enter the stadium from the outfield.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/11/10 21:50 by PasadenaSub.

Date: 04/11/10 22:02
Re: Opening day Baseball and Railfanning - SF style
Author: PasadenaSub

4) All eyes are on the flag during the national anthem.

5) After the game, Caltrain F40 noses are all lined up for the afternoon commute. Taken from the platform just before boarding southbound Baby Bullet 362 out of the city.

6) Baseball with a bit more elbow room - as I get a close-up of a Stanford batter from my $10 seat only 4 rows back from the field between home plate and the Oregon dugout.

Thanks for looking,

Rich

Date: 04/11/10 22:26
Author: MrMRL

Ump - "STTTEEEEERRRRRRRRIIIIIKKKEEE!!!!!!"

Nice series Rich

Mr. MRL

Date: 04/12/10 08:14
Author: Mgoldman

An AMAZING series of photos! Love the bridge shot, especially.

/Mitch

Date: 04/12/10 08:51
Re: Opening day Baseball and Railfanning - SF Peninsula
Author: F40PHR231

That's a very nice view of MUNI and the Bay Bridge from the park!

Date: 04/12/10 20:38
Author: fjc

Great photos, good work.

Date: 04/13/10 12:04
Author: Abqfoamer

Fabulous pics!
Yes, the Bay Bridge shot the best.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0719 seconds