Home Open Account Help 214 users online

Passenger Trains > Hows the Lake Shore doing lately?

Date: 06/22/10 18:49
Hows the Lake Shore doing lately?
Author: howeld

Well its been awhile since I have ridden Amtrak and my guest reward points are about to expire so I'm going to take a little ride from Waterloo IN to Chicago. I prefer to ride in Superliners but I waited to long to buy tickets for the Capital the price jumped from $40 to $51 while the LSL is still $33 (the Boston section shows $41 for the same train).
So I was wondering how the Lake Shore (Late for sure) Limited is doing lately? I will be riding July 17th. There was a website listed here on TO that compiled the data for Amtrak on time performance but trying to search Amtrak and Late yields about a thousand results here on trainorders.

Date: 06/22/10 19:35
Re: Hows the Lake Shore doing lately?
Author: Winnemucca

Date: 06/23/10 07:15
Author: sevenmilesiding

Not as good as it had been for the late Winter and early Spring when it often arrived into Chicago early, but much better than a few years ago. It is almost always within an hour of its schedule. CSX heat restrictions east of Buffalo have been putting it a bit behind lately, but the large amount of fat in the schedule west of buffalo often ensures a on time arrival into CUS.

Date: 06/23/10 15:37
Author: howeld

Winnemucca Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Try this:
>
> http://72.148.42.113:8080/Amtrak/status/StatusMaps
> /AmtrakStatusMaps.html

Thanks that is a neat website.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0306 seconds