Home Open Account Help 240 users online

Passenger Trains > Texas Eagle Questions

Date: 08/20/10 22:55
Texas Eagle Questions
Author: ATSF429

I have booked a sleeper on the Texas Eagle in October. What can I expect at San Antonio during the layover. Is the dinner on at departure from San Antonio. It seems I read somewhere it was added on up the line aways.

Date: 08/21/10 02:24
Re: Texas Eagle Questions
Author: TucsonPete

Diner is in the train departing San Antonio but the crew gets on at Austin so no service till sometime after that.

Date: 08/21/10 07:33
Author: Mudrock

There is a Denny's in San Antonio about a four block away so go have a good reall breakfast there.

Chris

Date: 08/21/10 08:10
Author: a737flyer

Mudrock Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> There is a Denny's in San Antonio about a four
> block away so go have a good reall breakfast
> there.
>
>
> Chris

Ooooh...Denny's? You have GOT to upgrade your dining, Chris!! ;>)

Date: 08/21/10 11:24
Author: usafrsq

real breakfast yes good breakfast ?

Date: 08/21/10 13:23
Texas Eagle Questions
Author: jp1822

For sleeping car passengers on the Texas Eagle, I believe that they are offered a "cold breakfast" - or at least they were when I rode this train in like 2005 or so (after Amtrak had moved the crew change point to Austin). I believe though that the Sightseer Lounge opened, along with its lower level cafe for service after departing San Antonio. I thought the person at the cafe went all the way to San Antonio. I could be wrong though. The rest of the dining car staff, yes, they get off at Austin.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0399 seconds