Home Open Account Help 232 users online

Passenger Trains > Amtrak Guest Rewards

Date: 10/05/10 06:41
Amtrak Guest Rewards
Author: Ptolemy

Has anyone had the same problem I have had: the new AGR website will not give you any information about what particular trip is being credited. You get the point total, but when you ask for details you get nothing, not even the ticket number or route. You don't get the date of the trip either because the date given is when it was credited to AGR. For a frequent traveller, this is very confusing and unhelpful.

Also when I contacted AGR about this I was promised a reply within 24 hours. Nothing has happened in several days.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/05/10 06:43 by Ptolemy.

Date: 10/05/10 07:30
Re: Amtrak Guest Rewards
Author: billwood

This seems to be a function of their great site redesign which they unveiled last Friday. All of my historical records were only partially carried over. If anyone has had travel post SINCE the new system was started, it would be curious to know if those travel records are also incomplete. (Written on train 19 headed south in western Georgia.)

Date: 10/05/10 08:46

I just did trips on 4, 48, 187, 141, 29, 21, 311, and 3, ending up as the new system started. Only one of these has been posted--I think 48--but it is hard to tell. I was on 3 as the new system started.

Date: 10/05/10 09:25
Author: Mudrock

I can't stand it. It now doesn't tell you where you took a trip from or
ticket number. If it wasn't broken why change it.

Chris

Date: 10/05/10 09:43

Mudrock Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I can't stand it. It now doesn't tell you where
> you took a trip from or
> ticket number. If it wasn't broken why change it.
>
>
> Chris

Right on! I did write NARP about this--maybe others should too (as well as AGR).

Date: 10/05/10 10:28
Author: GenePoon

Remember that effective last Friday, Amtrak Guest Rewards was no longer operated by the same
outside travel agency contractor as had been running it since its inception.

Amtrak took Guest Rewards in-house as of that date.

Date: 10/05/10 12:16
Author: jp1822

GenePoon Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Remember that effective last Friday, Amtrak Guest
> Rewards was no longer operated by the same
> outside travel agency contractor as had been
> running it since its inception.
>
> Amtrak took Guest Rewards in-house as of that
> date.

This is the main issue that I think people are struggling with. I think this is a good move on Amtrak's part, it just may take some time to get out the kinks!

Date: 10/05/10 20:09
Author: krapplem

There is a field on the details for "Ticket:" so I would assume the intention is to provide the information. Possibly they are having a problem importing that from the contractors computers?

On the positive side, you can now log in with your email address, a big advantage for those of us who can't remember the umpteen digit AGR number. Also, Points for Shopping is back with a wider variety of merchants. Tigerdirect.com is included, 4 points per dollar spent. Also J&R is on board, also 4 points per dollar spent. I'm looking at getting a Pentax K-7. J&R matches the lowest legit price I've seen (BH Photo). Adding in the 1 point/dollar for using the AGR Mastercard, that's about 4200 points or so worth about $60-$100 dollars depending on the redemption.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0665 seconds