Home Open Account Help 244 users online

Passenger Trains > Metro North FL9's

Date: 12/13/10 16:08
Metro North FL9's
Author: NdeM

I'll be in the Northeast over the next two weeks (primariliy in NYC) and will have a lot of time to be railfanning. Are any of MetroNorth's FL9's currently in use. Is there any chance of photographing them in this time frame?

The last time I was there (2005), I caught one in use on the Danbury Line. But the last time the subject came up, the units were only being used for the leaf spraying trains. What's the latest?

Nate

Date: 12/13/10 16:23
Re: Metro North FL9's
Author: asull85

They are all out of service. But six New Haven painted units are visible from the platforms in New Haven. They are rusting to the rails next to the CDOT Shop.

Adam

Date: 12/13/10 16:52
Author: wlankenau

The Railroad Museum of New England near Waterbury, CT, has two FL9's, and according to their newsletter http://naugy.blogspot.com/, one is operating on their holiday trains. The Danbury Railway Museum, also in CT, has two FL9's, but you won't see them operating.

Date: 12/13/10 18:11
Author: toledopatch

No Fs of any sort active on Metro North any more. The branchline jobs are all held down by Brookville BL20GH units now. As of the 4th/5th, at least two of the New Haven-esque ones were on the New Haven side.

Date: 12/13/10 18:34
Author: Lackawanna484

Has the Morristown & Erie repatriated its FL-9 units from Maine? In prior years they've spent the winter in relatively tropical Morristown NJ.

Date: 12/13/10 18:36
Author: NdeM

Are the New Haven painted geeps still active at least? Where would they be most likely found?

Date: 12/13/10 19:50
Author: asull85

The CDOT GP40's are still around. I think one is being used right now and the others are being used as backups for the ex-AMTK P40's.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0353 seconds