Home Open Account Help 368 users online

Passenger Trains > Hotels along NEC for Trainwatching

Date: 02/02/11 07:18
Hotels along NEC for Trainwatching
Author: hogandoc

I just posted a similar thread on Eastern Railroad boards a few days ago, but I'm interested in
finding some hotels along the NEC where you can watch/photograph trains from inside. Chain hotels
that are along the right of way preferred. I only know of three, the Econolodge north of WAS
Union station, a Knights Inn in Groton, CT, and the Days Inn near the tunnel portal in Seacaucus, NJ.
I've seen the Hyatt in New Brunswick, NJ, but am not sure how well you can see from there.
I've also stayed at the Hilton near Metropark, but again, it's a distance from the tracks.
Any other suggestions of hotels along the NEC?

Date: 02/02/11 07:31
Re: Hotels along NEC for Trainwatching
Author: joemvcnj

Certain rooms at the Newark Hilton Gateway will overlook Penn Station itself, but you won't be able to see any trains because of the trainshed.

Date: 02/02/11 08:05
Author: DavidP

The Hilton in Stamford, CT is just west of the Metro North and Amtrak station adjacent to the New Haven mainline. The Marriott in Providence, RI is adjacent to the NEC where Amtrak and MBTA commuter trains operate.

Dave

Date: 02/02/11 08:11
Author: Lackawanna484

I'm guessing the Vista Hilton on US 1-9 at Newark airport NJ has an excellent view of the NEC tracks just south of Newark Airport station (you can see the back of the hotel quite nicely from the train). Just a guess, though.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0361 seconds