Home Open Account Help 245 users online

Passenger Trains > "Source Code" alleges Metra official demanded bribe

Date: 04/13/11 20:36
"Source Code" alleges Metra official demanded bribe
Author: filmteknik

A production supervisor alleges that a Metra official demanded a $2000 cash payment last year. The supervisor refused and reported the incident to Metra which has brought in a private security firm to conduct an investigation. The Metra person has left the agency. Full story here:

http://www.chicagobreakingnews.com/news/local/ct-met-metra-shakedown-20110413,0,2125967.story

Date: 04/13/11 22:18
Re: "Source Code" alleges Metra official demanded bribe
Author: cchan006

I'm amused. No stupid user comments and the article is already 4 hours old? (Don't forget to take into account time zone differences) That's an eternity in the Information Age.

The supervisor asked not to be named because she feared the matter would adversely affect her career. She said she isn't seeking to punish anyone but wanted to prevent other shakedown attempts.

Time for a career change. When's the last time a cartoon character demanded a bribe? :-)

Date: 04/14/11 10:33
Author: IC_2024

Wow... Chicago is one corrupt city, indeed! Poor Metra... "Whaddaya mean, yuse guys, everyone's on the take, ya know!"
The new show "Chicago Code" should do an episode on Metra--there's certainly enough material there.

Date: 04/14/11 10:49
Author: filmteknik

If I'd known that was how the game was played I'd have gladly taken up a collection to grease the right palms that could order the Highliners through another rebuilding instead of buying those awful replacements. Maybe a potential contractor could sweeten the pot. Being corrupt I would keep some for myself. Yes, I'm joking. A little.

Date: 04/14/11 10:53
Author: Lackawanna484

Most transit authorities, cities, etc have a department focused on encouraging film and TV production. The person assigned to the TV show, etc cuts through the dozens of departments, cops, sanitation people, etc who would otherwise have their hands out for some grease.

In Los Angeles, the TV expediter even has the power to fine neighbors for things like running their power mowers, or driving into scenes during designated and permitted filming sequences.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0398 seconds