Home Open Account Help 227 users online

Passenger Trains > Western Winds

Date: 12/01/11 11:09
Western Winds
Author: stone23

Big news back here in New Jersey today is that southern CA was swept away in a violent wind storm last night. How come you western scribes have not inundated us with the train problem details?

Maybe you too were blown away?

Date: 12/01/11 11:40
Re: Western Winds
Author: Jaanfo

There were leaves on the tracks, and tumbleweeds on the plows, but the trains kept chugging.

Date: 12/01/11 13:16
Author: jcaestecker

We're holding on for dear life and keeping the dome windows closed on the SILVER SPLENDOR.

Cheers,

-John

Date: 12/01/11 15:48
Author: ken15

Stone:

This is your old friend "Ken."

We had a power outage in Culver City from about 1 a.m. to 4:30 a.m. and I was late to today's LOSSAN TAC meeting at METRO but METRO buses were running (a little late on my line) but I made it.

The Gold line is having some delays but is running and METROLINK trains and Amtrak trains are running.

See Jaanfo's posting within this thread.

FYI.

ken15

Date: 12/01/11 21:22
Author: Jaanfo

#1) The Tumbleweed Express

#2) Followed by The Tumbleweed Local

About the worst railroad infrastructure damage I personally saw that could absolutely be attributed to the wind (One train struck some sort of debris causing air problems which delayed it nearly an hour, but that may or may not have been related to the wind, so I won't count it). There were MANY trains with tumbleweeds hanging off of them, especially trains coming from San Bernardino and Lancaster.

Date: 12/02/11 13:56
Author: chakk

Looks like those Sons of the Pioneers are out to drift with the tumbling tumbleweeds.

Date: 12/02/11 23:44
Author: Amtrak288

TUMBLEWEED! Now that's something you don't see in Western New York!!!

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0374 seconds