Home Open Account Help 245 users online

Passenger Trains > Amtrak Detour 2/6/2012 At Tulare

Date: 02/06/12 16:43
Amtrak Detour 2/6/2012 At Tulare
Author: Des-Lab

Here it is just south of Tulare, CA. We have a fellow TO'er onboard as these pictures were taken. These were about the best I could get given the difficult lighting conditions and that the head end of the train was facing "the wrong way" with respect to what little sunlight there was. And to add insult to injury, a pickup truck fouled the shot at precisely the worst possible time. Unfortunately, this is a risk that taking pictures from the other side of the street carries. Intentionally shot this way so as to try and get the whole train. I attempted to take chase after it passed by jumping on the 99, thinking I could probably loop it and get another shot somewhere around Kingsburg. But just too many big rigs on the road today-all passing each other-at 60 mph-thus bringing the 70+ mph motorist traffic to an essential standstill. I quickly realized that he was already too far ahead to catch before Fresno. And with sunlight fading fast, well....let's just say I'm happy to have caught this one.

Date: 02/06/12 17:05
Re: Amtrak Detour 2/6/2012 At Tulare
Author: PasadenaSub

Wow, your first post in about 7 months. Welcome back!

Date: 02/06/12 17:21
Re: Amtrak Detour 2/6/2012 At Tulare
Author: coaststarlight99

Cool---thanks for heading out and finding us!

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0767 seconds