Home Open Account Help 262 users online

Passenger Trains > Surfliner schedule change April 2

Date: 03/04/12 02:15
Surfliner schedule change April 2
Author: mundo

On April 2, minor schedule changes will be made between San Diego and Los Angeles. No change north of LA.

Schedules are being revised up to 5 minutes, to provide for better meets and adjust the recovery times.

Additional schedules will stop at Old Town San Diego. Weekend train 565 will no longer make the Metrolink stop at Laguna Niguel and Orange.

With Old Town being a tourist destination and providing light rail and bus connections without going to the downtown station, OT has become very popular.

Date: 03/04/12 09:34
Re: Surfliner schedule change April 2
Author: PHall

Old Town actually has better connections then Downtown.

Date: 03/04/12 11:19
Author: msdgbar

Ok mundo.Let me see if i can understand this correctly.Will all Surfliner trains after April 2nd 2012 stop at Old Town?Or will only selected Surfliner trains stop there?If so this is great news for a man who lives out here in El Cajon California who doed not want to drive to Downtown San Diego to pay a lot of money for parking.Or has to drive up to either Solana Beach or Oceanside to catch the train there.I can now either take the Trolley here in Santee or drive down to Old Town where the parking is free.The I5 and I805 merge can be bear to handle sometimes.

Date: 03/04/12 11:55
Author: Mudrock

There is a main problem with Old Town and that is no ticketing machines. Is that going to be addressed in the future?

Example on Washington's Birthday 567 boarded 20 people there none of whom had tickets. The AC then spend most of the trip to beyond Oceanside writing tickets.

chris

Date: 03/04/12 13:34
Author: thetuck

Mudrock Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> There is a main problem with Old Town and that is
> no ticketing machines. Is that going to be
> addressed in the future?
>
> Example on Washington's Birthday 567 boarded 20
> people there none of whom had tickets. The AC then
> spend most of the trip to beyond Oceanside writing
> tickets.
>
>
> chris

Once the e-ticketing system is rolled out, this won't be a problem. But ticket machines are still needed for those who dont print tickets in advance nor have smartphones for barcode scanning.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.1327 seconds