Home Open Account Help 313 users online

Passenger Trains > I going to Flagstaff, AZ maybe 2013

Date: 03/23/12 17:37
I going to Flagstaff, AZ maybe 2013
Author: railcity

Well I plan a trip to Flagstaff again summer 2013 maybe. my family stay at Days Inn on old 66 in 90s. I want to Stay at Drury Inn & suites or Radisson Hotel in Flagstaff my family wants Restaurants at the Hotel or Near the hotel eat, tour desk at hotel, pool, spa . People in Flagstaff, AZ Which Hotel is better to stay? I know few people live there like Danny ProAmtrak. Tour Desk important.

Date: 03/23/12 17:49
Re: I going to Flagstaff, AZ maybe 2013
Author: abyler

Embassy Suites.

5 blocks from the train station, very nice hotel.

Date: 03/23/12 17:55
Author: goneon66

abyler Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Embassy Suites.
>
> 5 blocks from the train station, very nice hotel.

i agree with abyler!!!

Date: 03/23/12 18:20
Author: Phil1

Embassy Suites is south of the station on Milton Road and you can walk to several eating places. The Raddison is on old 66 west and south of the station and has its own restaurant which is good but a touch expensive.I lived there for 22 years in Flagstaff and there are tours you can take to the Grand Canyon via the Grand Canyon Railroad from Williams 35 miles west of town. The Amtrak station is manned in the early a.m. when #4 arrives and in the evening for the arrival of #3 from the east. You didn't say which way you are going so #4 is about 4:30 a.m. from L.A and # 3 is ruffly 9 or so in the evening. They vary a bit if late, but usually are close to on time. There are travel brochures galore in the station. Gary is the usual ticket man and he can answer your questions as can any of the great staff there.
The Grand Canyon is 90 minutes by car,but if you want a full package from Flagstaff including the bus ride to Williams call 1-800-THE TRAIN or go on-line for prices for the Grand Canyon Railway and the bus between. The SW Chief also stops in Williams if the Canyon is where you eventually want to be.
Other attractions to check out are: Sedona via Oak Creek Canyon, Sunset Crater, Meteor Crater about 35 miles east of Flagstaff on I-40, Snowbowl Ski Resort lift rides to the top of Mt. Humphreys.(about 12,200 feet.) and just walk around downtown Flagstaff for an enjoyable look at small town America. Northern Arizona is gorgeous especially in summer , but be aware of the rains that come and go. Downpours can last 10 to 30 minutes and then the sun reappears,but you can get drenched. Temps run 75 to 85 in the day and 50 to 60 at night so it is wonderful.In Flagstaff there are over 400 restaurants of any cuisine you could want. Enjoy your trip.

Phil Blommendahl
Getzville, NY

Date: 03/24/12 03:56
Author: coaststarlight99

I like Flagstaff. It good with mountain. And food. And soda.

Date: 03/24/12 06:30
Author: ATSF3751

Down the line further east is Santa Fe (Lamy), not a spot to miss either. Of course you can detrain in ABQ and ride Rail Runner into town as well. Lots of activities, museums, cultural events, totally rad food, and like Flagstaff, incredibly clear skies and similar temperatures. Not to mention Santa Fe Southern, and a few hours north, Cumbres and Toltec.

Date: 03/24/12 14:05
Author: darkcloud

I am going to suggest bringing 'am' with you.

Date: 03/25/12 17:26
Author: ProAmtrak

Who knows where I'll be by then anyway, so that's up in the air!

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0395 seconds