Home Open Account Help 304 users online

Passenger Trains > Today's #3,4 & 5 @"MH" Tower...

Date: 05/05/12 13:42
Today's #3,4 & 5 @"MH" Tower...
Author: aussiehinz

A cloudy, misty, cool Saturday Cinco de Mayo here in the Windy City. Both #5 and #3 out and by "MH" on time. Thanks to a timely advance warning from "tonymarchiando," I was able to catch two of the private cars from the consist of this week's "Southwest Explorer" that were on the rear of arriving #4. Much appreciated; I have to be "in place" for arriving eastbounds as they always "sneak up" on the Tower!

Cheers,

aussiehinz

1. Today's #5 glides past "MH."

2. #4 arrives from the west 30 minutes early, after several consecutive days of being tardy.

3. "Colorado Pine" and NYC #448 on the rear of arriving #4.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 05/05/12 13:49 by aussiehinz.

Date: 05/05/12 13:43
Re: Today's #3,4 & 5 @"MH" Tower...

4. In the few minutes between #4's arrival and the on time departure of #3, a BNSF to NS Detroit Edison unit coal train rumbled (literally) through "MH."

5. Amtrak #3, the "Southwest Chief" gets underway for Los Angeles.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/05/12 13:46 by aussiehinz.

Date: 05/05/12 15:19
Author: tq-07fan

I'll make a guess that this may be MH Tower as viewed from an almost on time California Zephyr around 3:25 pm or so. My dad and I were looking for the furry leverman in the tower when we went by a couple hours ago.

Also included is the front shot in the station track 30.

Sent from the Amtrak Metropolian Lounge in Union Station.

Jim

Date: 05/05/12 16:38

Yup, that's "MH!!" The "furry towerman" was probably takin a map @ the moment... :-)

Posted from iPhone

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0416 seconds