Home Open Account Help 328 users online

Passenger Trains > Amtrak Texas Eagle arriving LIttle Rock, AR Nov 5

Date: 11/06/12 00:48
Amtrak Texas Eagle arriving LIttle Rock, AR Nov 5
Author: arkansasrailroader

The northbound Texas Eagle arrived in Little Rock, AR at 11:43 p.m. Monday, November 5, 2012, 10 minutes late. I also got some shots of UP and BNSF freights, including a light engine move passing the Eagle as it was arriving.

Click this link to view more photos:
http://thundertrain.org/Amtrak-Eagle-110512.html

Ken Z

Date: 11/06/12 10:58
Re: Amtrak Texas Eagle arriving LIttle Rock, AR Nov 5
Author: ProAmtrak

Photo 1 takes the cake on nice night shots with 22 pulling in next to that UP Local!

Date: 11/06/12 12:39
Author: chakk

No through cars from LA on this date, I presume. But when they are included, are both the coach and sleeper attached to the rear? Or is the sleeper spliced in to the consist in front of the diner?

Date: 11/06/12 13:13
Author: Phil1

Thanks for the link. I checked it out and it sure gives me a taste of a depot I have never seen and possibly may never see since I don't head that way. If my memory is good the Eagle has increased in cars from its early days and if I count correctly can have 9 cars when the L.A. cars are in the consist. How well does one engine do with 9 cars since the South West Chief has two motors with 8 or 89 cars although it has more grades to climb?

Phil Blommendahl
Getzville, NY

Date: 11/06/12 15:04
Author: UPTRAIN

Phil1 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> How well does one engine do with 9
> cars since the South West Chief has two motors
> with 8 or 89 cars although it has more grades to
> climb?

One engine handles it fairly nicely as long as everything goes good. If ANYTHING happens, you're screwed. The Eagle has a few decent grades in eastern Missouri, and 2 engines would make it go a little bit faster, but there's plenty of leftover time in the schedule most nights.

Pump

Date: 11/06/12 20:10
Author: arkansasrailroader

ProAmtrak Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Photo 1 takes the cake on nice night shots with 22
> pulling in next to that UP Local!

Thanks. That was taken with a Sony a65 camera with ISO 1600. I rarely see a UP train passing when Amtrak is in the station, but I don't usually go there every night.

Date: 11/06/12 21:12
Author: ProAmtrak

You're welcome!

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0357 seconds