Home Open Account Help 221 users online

Passenger Trains > NJT train vs truck @ North Branch station on the RVL

Date: 11/13/12 05:46
NJT train vs truck @ North Branch station on the RVL
Author: Pattenburg

A co-worker reported that on Monday night, a tractor trailer, possibly an out-of-state driver who was unfamiliar with these roads, could not negotiate the turn at the grade crossing and got stuck on the tracks . Along came a train and stuck the truck. Details were sketchy but I don't think there were no injuries due to North Branch being a station stop. If anyone could provide more details about this incident, I would appreciate it since the local papers have no reports of what had occurred.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 11/13/12 05:47 by Pattenburg.

Date: 11/13/12 07:01
Re: NJT train vs truck @ North Branch station on the RV
Author: Lackawanna484

I haven't seen anything about this, but the guy's luck is horrific. The branch west of Raritan has very limited service, just a few trains daily with the storm, and the roads around the station are winding, country trails. Even under the best of circumstances, difficult for a large truck to navigate.

This picture looks west toward the road grade crossing. The road drops off sharply to the right, and there's a sharp left turn on the left side of the crossing. The station is marked by the yellow line. An eastbound train would have come toward the camera, and would likely have planted the cab car. on the crossing

Date: 11/13/12 07:18
Re: NJT train vs truck @ North Branch station on the RV
Author: Pattenburg

About 7:45 p.m on Monday night the train was heading back to NJT's Raritan yard when it struck the tractor-trailer at a road crossing near the North Branch station in Branchburg (NJ), an NJ Transit spokesman said. No one was seriously injured but a conductor was taken to a local hospital for what was described as non-life threatening injuries.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.031 seconds