Home Open Account Help 218 users online

Passenger Trains > NJ: North Jersey Coast Service to resume 11/20

Date: 11/17/12 07:31
NJ: North Jersey Coast Service to resume 11/20
Author: Lackawanna484

The NJ.com site reports that service from Bay Head and Long Branch to Newark and New York will resume Monday. Service has been knocked out by Sandy, as two major bridges were put out of service on the north end, and serious damage was present on the coastal route through Belmar, etc.

Not all trains will run, and Hoboken service won't run. Schedules should be posted by Sunday afternoon.

<http://www.nj.com/news/index.ssf/2012/11/north_jersey_coast_line_to_res.html#incart_river_default&gt;

I checked out the Morgan Bridge in Sayreville earlier this week. Crews were raising and lowering the bridge. There was an enormous pile of boat waste, pilings, branches, etc near the bridge. Several boats had been thrown up by the right of way.

Much farther south, five ALP train sets were lighted, with engines running, at the Long Branch train station. I saw one diesel set there, as well. I don't believe the Long Branch yard suffered any water damage.

Congratulations to everyone at NJ Transit for getting this equipment back in service so quickly.

Date: 11/17/12 08:04
Re: NJ: North Jersey Coast Service to resume 11/20
Author: BlackWidow

What about reports right after the storm that said something like 65 locomotives and 220 passengers were flooded during the storm. Was this true, and if it is true, would that not affect resuming a full service schedule?

Date: 11/17/12 13:49
Re: NJ: North Jersey Coast Service to resume 11/20
Author: joemvcnj

Yes. They are basically running weekend schedules, if that, with some half hour trains thrown in.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0614 seconds