Home Open Account Help 314 users online

Passenger Trains > playing around with the metrolink christmas train

Date: 11/25/12 20:44
playing around with the metrolink christmas train
Author: tc

I still have alot to learn about low light photography but here is a couple of attempts of the N/B metrolink christmas train on its way to palmdale making its way through soledad canyon.

Date: 11/25/12 20:46
Re: playing around with the metrolink christmas train

Last couple of shots, when the train made its way back to newhall there sure wasn't the turn out of past years.

Date: 11/25/12 23:26
Author: Fizzboy7

Good scenes.
It's interesting to see how they taped up the top of the coach with wires and cords to feed the displays along the sides.

Date: 11/26/12 08:35
Author: brassjournal

When you refer to a low turn out, is that rail photographers or the general public?

Date: 11/26/12 09:43
Author: MojaveBill

Could be because of little or no advance publicity in the Antelope Valley...I found out about it on this site.

Bill Deaver
Tehachapi, CA

Date: 11/26/12 18:07

general public

Date: 11/26/12 18:16
Author: SCAX3401

MojaveBill Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Could be because of little or no advance publicity
> in the Antelope Valley...I found out about it on
> this site.

There was no advance publicity for the Inland Empire stops the weekend before Thanksgiving and the turnout was quite healthy. My family and I conjectured that publicity was minimal in order to prevent overwhelming crowds. Based on your observations, I guess not.

As far as the "taping" of wires to the top of the coaches, when the train was here in the Inland Empire, the Christmas Train crew contacted every train that passed them and asked for them not to exceed 40 MPH to "keep any of the decorations from flying off."

Date: 11/27/12 18:43
Author: railwaybaron

What was the rear unit # on the MetroLink Holiday Train please?

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.043 seconds