Home Open Account Help 345 users online

Passenger Trains > Today's #21

Date: 12/08/12 18:18
Today's #21
Author: glcaddis

Lost over 2 hours between Chicago and Joliet. Anyone know what happened? I'm on it tomorrow, hope the problems get resolved.

Date: 12/08/12 18:50
Re: Today's #21
Author: kachina19-20

On #21 myself right now. Departed Chicago on time and made it all of 50 feet. Took two hours to diagnose and attempt repair of engine issue. Replaced unit in CUS then took hits at Grand Crossing for freight, northbound Lincoln Service as well as U.P. freight north of Bloomington. Should make St. Louis before 10:00.

Dave Johansen
Glen Ellyn, IL

Date: 12/08/12 19:17

Thanks, hope the rest of your trip is less eventful than the start.

Date: 12/08/12 20:32
Author: GenePoon

kachina19-20 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> On #21 myself right now. Departed Chicago on time and made it all of 50 feet. Took two hours to
> diagnose and attempt repair of engine issue. Replaced unit in CUS then took hits at Grand
> Crossing for freight, northbound Lincoln Service as well as U.P. freight north of Bloomington.
> Should make St. Louis before 10:00.

Chicago strikes again. None of the rest would have affected the train had it been two hours ahead,
where it was supposed to be.

STATE OF GOOD REPAIR

Date: 12/09/12 01:28
Author: EMD2024

None of the rest would have been affected had the train left "on time". Once your train is out of it's slot on some railroads, you're screwed and down the line on the now busy CHI-STL corridor you live with it. BTW the new 110 MPH segment is short but AWESOME! PV Puget Sound sat up and hummed down the new track earlier dead-heading back to St. Louis after a CHI-SEA-PDX-CHI trip over Thanksgiving. One wonders how much time some folks sit staring at their screens waiting for the latest tid-bit of news, good or bad, to pop up and then throw in their nickel two ninety five cent comments.

Michael Perkins in STL
Manager Puget Sound

Date: 12/09/12 07:28
Author: kk5ol

EMD2024 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
>Once your train is out of
> it's slot on some railroads, you're screwed . . .

Reminds me of Dick "What slot?" Davidson.

RailNet802, owevaaaah

Date: 12/09/12 07:50

The "Busy CHI-STL" corridor is not very busy. Besides the 10 Amtrak trains, there are very few freight operations on this line. Certainly nothing to match the expectations after the opening of the new "Global" yard around Joliet.

Date: 12/09/12 14:00
Author: The_Chief_Way

I see this No.21 has made up some time even though it is out of its so-called "slot"

Date: 12/09/12 15:22
Author: shuttletrain

21 is not going be a 110 mph train, thanks to the agreement with UP.

Theodore Picraux
St. Peters, MO
Shuttletrain's Wanderings

Date: 12/10/12 14:20

And the fact that Superliner equipment is maxed out at 100 MPH

Date: 12/10/12 16:07
Author: ProAmtrak

Why does that not surprise me! Why can't 21 and 22 run 110 like everyone else, what kind of reason UP put to prevent that!

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.1676 seconds