Home Open Account Help 339 users online

Passenger Trains > Amtrak Cresents at Tuscaloosa

Date: 03/26/13 08:52
Amtrak Cresents at Tuscaloosa
Author: hwb36604

Trains 19 and 20 are seen at Tuscaloosa with a meet between the two midway through the video

Howard at MP 195

You must be a registered subscriber to watch videos. Join Today!

Date: 03/27/13 09:11
Re: Amtrak Cresents at Tuscaloosa
Author: Phil1

Good stuff. Question: I noticed the train doing a reverse move to get back on the main after the meet. Is the other end closed off and is such a move included in the running time for the train so as not to cause a delay? I had never seen this train before and it looks like the Lake Shore Limited without the Boston sleeper and a couple of Amfleet coaches. I think I saw the new Viewliner Diner in one of the last passages of the train. It also seems that on one direction the sleepers run on the rear and the other they run one car back of the power. Can the train not be turned? Nice video and thanks for showing me a train I had never seen since I am from out west and am new to the Buffalo area relatively speaking. All we get is the LSL and a couple of four or five car Amfleet trains to see here at Depew. Passenger train watching here is hard because many trains are spaced quite a few hours apart and the one Lake Shore(49) is at midnight. One neat thing here is that our first EB departure at Depew can get you to NYC for lunch if you do not mind boarding at 4:40 or so in the morning.

Phil Blommendahl
Getzville, NY

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0271 seconds