Home Open Account Help 155 users online

Passenger Trains > Last minate amtrak tickets

Date: 04/05/13 03:52
Last minate amtrak tickets
Author: howeld

My wife and i are considering a car to buy that is in the Chicago area. If the deal can be worked we will go to Chicago Saturday to pick it up. In a compleate role reversial I would prefer to dive but my wife doesnt want to drive in Chicago and would like to take amtrak.
Ive done quick search and seem that people like the etickets and work well for last minate bookings. As it may be late today before I am ready to book travel I guess Im just looking for peace of mind and any tips to keep in mind.
Will be riding Capital Limited from Waterloo IN.

Thanks
Derek

Date: 04/05/13 04:05
Re: Last minate amtrak tickets
Author: robj

1-1/2 hour by car Waterloo to South Bend and the South Shore(NICTD), lots more choices and convenience on travel times PLUS very likely to be ontime. If you are taking commuter train from Chicago would be a hike but not bad on a nice day or bus.

Bob Jordan

Date: 04/05/13 06:37
Re: Last minate amtrak tickets
Author: P

etickets are no problem at all. On a recent Amtrak trip, I presented my Blackberry as my ticket. Conductor scanned ticket off of my phone screen with no issues whatsoever. At least with the LD train, you could possibly enjoy a meal in the diner. Impossible to overrate.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0383 seconds