Home Open Account Help 328 users online

Passenger Trains > King Street Station questions

Date: 04/24/13 20:59
King Street Station questions
Author: korotaj

Any food service in or close to the station? Food trucks or carts outside? Any recommendations for some quick food or snacks in 45 min window late in the afternoon appreciated.

Date: 04/24/13 21:07
Re: King Street Station questions
Author: railstiesballast

Walk one block west on King St. (main floor level) and turn right, a few sandwich and coffee places in the block north towards Jackson St.

The station needs a snack bar and convenience store. Maybe they are soliciting vendors.

Date: 04/24/13 21:47
Author: Waybiller

korotaj Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Any food service in or close to the station? Food
> trucks or carts outside? Any recommendations for
> some quick food or snacks in 45 min window late in
> the afternoon appreciated.

What do you like? There's a ton of Thai/Vietnamese/Japanese around. Tats is good for a hoagie or cheesesteak. Salumi if you're up for fantastic Italian.

Date: 04/24/13 22:57
Author: dcautley

If you're up for a steak and a (literally) wall of whiskey, FX McRorys -- about 2 blocks west of King Street. Other good stuff too. Not cheap, but not the worst place (price-wise) in Seattle either.

Date: 04/25/13 01:13
Author: Notch16

Good Seattle coffee establishments nearby with sandwiches, pastries, soups, etc. are Cafe Umbria at 400 Occidental, and Zeitgeist at 171 S. Jackson.

~ BZ

Date: 04/25/13 07:19
Author: Ptolemy

Take the bridge over the tracks and head east (through the old rebuilt area of Union Station) and you come to Japantown, with an extensive Oriental food court and grocery.

Date: 04/25/13 09:53
Author: jimB

Tats is great!

Jim B

Date: 04/25/13 10:22
Author: Waybiller

I actually went to Tat's yesterday after the Grand Reopening. The Seattle Times had some nice pictures of it here. http://seattletimes.com/html/picturethis/2020853828_kingstreetstation.html

Date: 04/25/13 11:03
Author: rswebber

When I've gone out of Seattle, I've always dropped my bags at the station, and then went about 1 or 2 blocks east to Uwajimaya. I love going there anyway, but before a trip, I can stock up on stuff that is hard to find elsewhere. And it isn't all Japanese or Oriental in terms of items. Lots of stuff, good produce, great drinks, bakery, etc. There is also a food court inside. And there is a gift shop as well, in case you forgot to grab something for someone while in town.

One of the best - if not THE best close-to-station areas on Amtrak. My mother, who lives in Seattle had never been - I took her & my sister one day while visiting. Been to the one in Renton as well. Lots of options for food there...

Date: 04/25/13 12:31
Author: truxtrax

Uwajimaya has a store in Beaverton west of Portland that is every bit as good as their Seattle stores and is well patronized. If you come to Portlandia try to visit if you can. While your out that way you can ride the WES to Wilsonville which gives you an opportunity to check out that portion of the Willamette & Pacific whose rails they run on.

Larry Dodgion
Wilsonville, OR

Date: 04/25/13 13:21
Author: KeyRouteKen

Regarding food, I had asked poster Macster about the possibility of restoring the original King Street Station restaurant, but I never got an answer.

KRK

Date: 04/25/13 14:44
Author: sactobob

KeyRouteKen Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Regarding food, I had asked poster Macster about
> the possibility of restoring the original King
> Street Station restaurant, but I never got an
> answer.
>
> KRK

See my reply in the other thread where you asked your question.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0344 seconds