Home Open Account Help 249 users online

Passenger Trains > 18 of 19 States signed up with Amtrak

Date: 10/11/13 19:15
18 of 19 States signed up with Amtrak
Author: floridajoe2001

Good news! according to NARP, All the States (except Indiana)now have a contract with Amtrak to assume a greater share of expenses.

Happily, we can now put this potential problem behind us. I remember about a year ago, when we were in the midst of the "cut Government spending" frenzy, some were saying that when the time came for States to assume this greater Amtrak costs; they would refuse, and trains would be discontinued. Thank God!, they were wrong.

Apparently politicians at the State level don't believe they're too broke to support Amtrak; as certain guys at the National level love to endlessly preach.

It's hard to deny that.. "Greater support hath no politician than one willing to pick up increased costs". Maybe Amtrak is gaining some new friends.

Joe

Date: 10/11/13 19:43
Re: 18 of 19 States signed up with Amtrak
Author: kd0086

Lets pray it continues. :)

Date: 10/11/13 21:13
Author: 3751_loony

I haven't researched it yet, but I hope that with the states picking up more of the bill, there are concessions for increased service.

Jim Montague
IRVINE, CA
Train and Nature photo Art

Date: 10/12/13 09:53
Author: toledopatch

floridajoe2001 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Good news! according to NARP, All the States
> (except Indiana)now have a contract with Amtrak to
> assume a greater share of expenses.

OK, everybody raise your hands who thought the last state to settle would NOT be Indiana. Anybody? Bueller? Yeah, I thought so.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0709 seconds