Home Open Account Help 216 users online

Passenger Trains > denver streetcar history

Date: 11/25/13 15:04
denver streetcar history
Author: shavano

Hello All,

I'm doing a comparison paper of denver's historic streetcar and interurban system with its current and planned light and commuter rail system. Can anybody direct me to any reputable online sources?
Leighton

Date: 11/25/13 16:02
Re: denver streetcar history
Author: NDHolmes

I don't think there's that much online about historic Denver trolleys and interurbans - specifically the Denver & Inter-Mountain, Denver & Interurban, or the Denver Tramway Company - but there are three excellent books out there that cover everything in detail. "Denver’s Street Railways" volumes 1, 2, and 3, and "The Kite Route: Story of the Denver & Interurban Railroad" will cover anything you could possibly want to know in the most intricate of detail. None of them are rare, and it's possible your local library might be able to get them on an inter-library loan.

Date: 11/25/13 19:14
Re: Denver streetcar history
Author: jeffgeldner

I don't know if they have on-line information but the Colorado RR Museum seems to have a good bit of material on Denver's streetcar and interurban lines. It may be worth it to contact them.

Jeff Geldner
Yosemite National Park
California

Date: 11/25/13 21:37
Author: MartyBernard

I agree, the Museum's Library is a good place to start. Call first.

http://coloradorailroadmuseum.org/library/

Marty Bernard

Date: 11/25/13 22:24
Author: KeyRouteKen

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0368 seconds