Home Open Account Help 299 users online

Passenger Trains > Urine detectors...coming to a mass transit system near

Date: 12/20/13 12:49
Urine detectors...coming to a mass transit system near
Author: richs

Spending more money to cure society's ills........hilarious if you ask me...

http://www.wsbtv.com/news/news/marta-installs-urine-detection-systems-elevator/ncPgH/

Date: 12/20/13 13:05
Re: Urine detectors...coming to a mass transit system n
Author: kdrtrains

Armed elevator operators would be my solution. After all, we need to employ as many people as we can. Or, if the detector detects urine then a poison aerosol is emitted. Problem solved.

Date: 12/20/13 14:08
Author: elu34ch

kdrtrains Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Armed elevator operators would be my solution. After all, we need to employ as many people as we can. Or, if the detector detects urine then a poison aerosol is emitted. Problem solved.

Very 007ish

Date: 12/20/13 14:48
Author: MEKoch

Maybe they can bottle and sell it.....

Date: 12/20/13 15:14
Author: MojaveBill

Says a lot about the people who use that system...

Bill Deaver
Tehachapi, CA

Date: 12/20/13 16:14
Author: SpeederDriver

A small aside to that story is that the authority will open bathrooms in some of the stations. I wonder how much closed bathrooms have to do with the problem.

Date: 12/20/13 16:20
Author: garr

SpeederDriver Wrote:
> A small aside to that story is that the authority
> will open bathrooms in some of the stations. I
> wonder how much closed bathrooms have to do with
> the problem.

Nothing at all, I rode MARTA back in the '80s when bathrooms being open was not an issue. The elevators smelled like a urinal then. Just proves reprobates have consistently roamed amoungest us.

Jay

Date: 12/20/13 17:11
Author: Railrev

I like something that combines the UDD technology and the exploding dye pack that banks use. That way, when someone steps off the elevator, everyone knows what they were doing in there.

BTW, did anyone else wonder if the UDD is like the story about swimming pools containing a chemical that turns the water red if you pee in the pool? That it doesn't really exist, it's just a "fear factor"?

Date: 12/20/13 20:45
Author: stash

Ban losers from the system. Losers create the problem.

Date: 12/20/13 21:59
Author: john1082

Define "Loser" Oh yeah, is it anyone that you just don't like?

John Gezelius
Tustin, CA

Date: 12/20/13 23:41
Author: DNRY122

Not sure if this is still the case, but Singapore used to be famous for cracking down on "uncivilized" behavior; I think they even outlawed chewing gum (although that may be a myth). Maybe we need to import a few hundred Singapore cops to corral the slobs.
Part of the problem is that many of the "losers" are "nut cases" who would have been residents of what Tom Lehrer dubbed the "State Home for the Bewildered" back in the old days.

Date: 12/21/13 00:22
Author: stash

Anybody who urinates in an inappropriate place such as an elevator or escalator would be considered a loser.

john1082 Wrote:
> Define "Loser" Oh yeah, is it anyone that you
> just don't like?

Date: 12/21/13 07:18
Author: tq-07fan

stash Wrote:
> Anybody who urinates in an inappropriate place
> such as an elevator or escalator would be
> considered a loser.
>
>
> john1082 Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Define "Loser" Oh yeah, is it anyone that you
> > just don't like?

Unfortunately, if that transit system is Federally Funded, it takes a lot to get them banned. And yes I agree that if you are unconcerned enough with anyone else to urinate in a public place that others have to deal with afterwards you are a loser.

Some people here are knocking Atlanta but I have to say at least they are doing something about a problem that exists in many places. As a transit fan I find that Philadelphia is perhaps one of the dirtiest transit systems I have ever rode. They could use these UDDs on steps, platforms and probably the ceilings as some of the stations totally reek! Sadly any solution costs a transit system money. Do you cut service and stop the urination problems? It's not a bad idea as to get someone out of their automobile and into a public conveyance it must be at least reasonably clean or it's a one time only ride and any amount of service will never get that person back. That Atlanta is attempting stop this problem says they are trying to win over the selective transit rider, the one who could drive their own automobile instead of being subjective to transit through economic or disability. I hope the UDD system works in Atlanta, it may be something other places will look into if it works. Just as a note I have never rode MARTA.

Jim

Date: 12/21/13 11:42
Author: Railrev

I grew up in the Los Angeles area, specifically Highland Park, and there were a lot of "pedestrian subways" in the area. Basically a tunnel under a busy street, mostly around schools and libraries, for the safety of students and others crossing the street. Eventually, they also served as urinals. The first solution was to close them off at night. By now I imagine most of them are filled in and patched over.

Date: 12/21/13 12:24
Author: WP707

MEKoch Wrote:
> Maybe they can bottle and sell it.....

Urine Luck brand...???

Date: 12/21/13 14:22
Author: SN711

WP707 Wrote:
> MEKoch Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Maybe they can bottle and sell it.....
>
> Urine Luck brand...???

Good one there!

Gary

Posted from iPhone

Date: 12/22/13 23:27
Author: ats90mph

Urine; You're out!

(Sorry :-)

Posted from iPhone

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0502 seconds