Home Open Account Help 221 users online

Passenger Trains > The CONO of 4/3/14

Date: 04/04/14 08:53
The CONO of 4/3/14
Author: LittleTuck

Hi everyone,

Does anyone know what happened to the CONO. Currently both the north and south bound trains are running approximately 5 hours late. I am scheduled to leave Chicago tomorrow going to Memphis and I am a bit concerned. Any information would be most helpful.

Currently the Amtrak Status Maps is only showing the north bound train (58). The Amtrak website states the south bound train (59) is running 5 hours and 22 minutes late.

Thanks.

Date: 04/04/14 08:59
Flooding?
Author: NewRiverGeorge

Only thing that comes to mind is possibly some slow orders due to flash flood issues. It rained bodaciously in southern Illinois and probably also in western Tennessee and Kentucky yesterday and last night. Same thing has apparently happened to train 21, still in Arkansas at last report, more than 5 hours down.

One would hope things would adjust themselves by the time of your trip, as 59 still has a fairly long layover in New Orleans for the next day turn.

Chicago could be in trouble tomorrow if both 22 and 58 show up way late. They are already at least one full superliner set short, given the problems out west with the Empire Builder.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/04/14 09:10 by NewRiverGeorge.

Date: 04/04/14 09:09
Re: Flooding?
Author: AltiplanoRailtours

Rumor has it that 59 and 58 detoured over the Edgewood Cutoff (Bluford Sub) last night.

Adam

Date: 04/04/14 09:13
Re: Flooding?
Author: LittleTuck

NewRiverGeorge Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Only thing that comes to mind is possibly some
> slow orders due to flash flood issues. It has been
> raining bodaciously in southern Illinois and
> probably also in wester Tennessee and Kentucky.

Thanks so much. I saw the weather yesterday showing storms for southern Illinois, but did not put the two together. I suspect then that the CONO will be back to normal today weather permitting. Thanks again.

Date: 04/04/14 09:26
Train 22
Author: NewRiverGeorge

The train to watch is 22, now 25 minutes late north of San Antonio. That is the equipment that normally will become your train 59 tomorrow night.

Date: 04/04/14 09:54
Re: The CONO of 4/3/14
Author: eee

Detoured via Bluford. We have cars on the train, reported 35 mph on the Edgewood Cutoff. Nice view of the Ohio at Metropolis in daylight....

LittleTuck Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Hi everyone,
>
> Does anyone know what happened to the CONO.
> Currently both the north and south bound trains
> are running approximately 5 hours late. I am
> scheduled to leave Chicago tomorrow going to
> Memphis and I am a bit concerned. Any information
> would be most helpful.
>
> Currently the Amtrak Status Maps is only showing
> the north bound train (58). The Amtrak website
> states the south bound train (59) is running 5
> hours and 22 minutes late.
>
> Thanks.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0482 seconds