Home Open Account Help 311 users online

Passenger Trains > Off to DC - Day 2

Date: 04/23/14 20:06
Off to DC - Day 2
Author: Winnemucca

Sitting in LAUS Metro Lounge after a day of train riding. Left on 774 along the Pacific shore - beautiful. Miles of deserted beaches without footprints or tire tracks in the sand.

Gorgeous cloudless blue skies. Not a freight train to be seen. Everything on time. (There was one actually a UP drag south of Santa Barbara).

Still looking for the grumpy Amtrak employee. Everyone with smiles, good mornings, can I help you with that bag, sir? Suddenly Amtrak seems to be doing things right. Maybe they sent everyone to VIA's on-board training school.

Only bummer is my right leg. Don't get sciatica.

I decided to splurge on a great dinner at Traxx. It's good food, but pricey. If I was King of LAUS I would see that a an inexpensive sit down coffee shop diner was opened up in LAUS.

Looking forward to good nite's sleep on the Sunset.

Looks like I'll be out of touch until DC. Don't think I'll have time in NOL for an update.

John Webb
Trinidad, CA

Date: 04/24/14 05:39
Re: Off to DC - Day 2
Author: cutboy2

Support John Riecks.

Date: 04/24/14 08:10
Author: sums007

cutboy2 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Support John Riecks.

And who is that?

Date: 04/24/14 14:14
Author: ProAmtrak

NEw Orleans? So you're takin' the long route to DC, not 22 to Chicago after San Antonio, well John have a good trip anyway!

Date: 04/25/14 09:18
Author: TrainRidingGal

Hey John, Hope you are feeling better and have had some sleep! Looking forward to your next installment.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0376 seconds