Home Open Account Help 313 users online

Passenger Trains > How do I complain to Amtrak?

Pages:  [ 1 ][ 2 ] [ Next ]
Current Page:1 of 2

Date: 06/02/14 12:20
How do I complain to Amtrak?
Author: floridajoe2001

Last week, I rode Acela 1st Class from Boston to New York, and the two attendants working the car were the worst I have ever experienced.

I know Amtrak crews are a mixed bag; but these two guys were unusually awfull; and were totally out of their element in dealing with 1st Class passengers.

They engaged in very loud, "rap" type talk amongst themselves at the end of the car while passengers were ignored; customers had to ask for everything; and one guy even sat down in a seat and fell asleep--a passenger actually had to tap him on the arm and ask for his drink order.

I want to tell Amtrak about this; but I don't see any way to do this on their website. I only see a link to PRAISE an employee--which I certainly don't want to do.

Can anyone help?

Joe

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/02/14 12:24 by floridajoe2001.

Date: 06/02/14 12:26
Re: How do I complain to Amtrak?
Author: amtrakbill

Try going to their Facebook page and talk about your experience.

Date: 06/02/14 12:27
Author: CREngineer

Joe, read your PM, thanks,

Brian

Date: 06/02/14 12:34
Author: wlankenau

Looks like you could use the "praise" link and roast the guy in the "your message" box.

Date: 06/02/14 13:05
Author: Mudrock

Call the 800 number and ask for a Customer Service Rep. They will help you!

Chris

Date: 06/02/14 13:07
Author: Out_Of_Service

i sure hope you got their names off the Amtrak shirt tags that show what they are and who they are ... that's so unprofessional

Date: 06/02/14 13:22
Author: reindeerflame

All the Social Media and telephone opportunities are helpful, but a formal written letter, with no more than 2 paragraphs, should be sent as well, to Amtrak's president:

60 Massachusetts Ave., N.E.
Washington D.C. 20002

Date: 06/02/14 13:36
Author: NewRiverGeorge

Agreed, a written letter will always work.
Unfortunately in this era of instant electronic gratification, few people still know how to write a letter.

reindeerflame Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> All the Social Media and telephone opportunities
> are helpful, but a formal written letter, with no
> more than 2 paragraphs, should be sent as well, to
> Amtrak's president:
>
> 60 Massachusetts Ave., N.E.
> Washington D.C. 20002

Date: 06/02/14 13:47
Author: kdrtrains

Too bad you did not record them. You could have posted it on Youtube for the world to see!

Date: 06/02/14 13:52

kdrtrains Wrote:
> Too bad you did not record them. You could have
> posted it on Youtube for the world to see!

fine line recording conversation whereas each state has it own privacy laws ... some states needing 2nd and 3rd party approval ... some states only requiring 1 party approval to record a conversation ... violations could have one ending up in jail ... so if one does record a conversation and makes it public that individual better know they are legally doing in the state where the recording took place

Date: 06/02/14 15:02
Author: RFandPFan

Joe,

I sent an e-mail to customer service from the web site. I got a detailed reply about 3 weeks later. They even sent me a $75.00 credit for future travel that I didn't ask for.

Date: 06/02/14 15:42
Author: Molino

Out_Of_Service Wrote:
> i sure hope you got their names off the Amtrak
> shirt tags that show what they are and who they
> are ... that's so unprofessional

Not needed. Their crew management has a record of every employee on each train each date. Write a letter to the President of Amtrak yes, but also see if you can find out who the Superintendent of operations is and send them a duplicate letter as well. Again, Facebook and other social media will be a good place to post the train number, the date, the city's traveled between and the car you rode in.
It's bad enough so-many in Congress want to kill off the long distance routes, the last thing needed is bad employees giving Congress any more ammunition to fire at what's left!

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 06/02/14 15:46 by Molino.

Date: 06/02/14 16:30
Author: robj

Did you ever notice that if you have a problem with your car or lawn mower and you go online there are tons of people with the same problem.
Do you think this is different, that yours will be the first complaint. What difference will it make to write the President of anything.

There are many reasons for Amtrak, providing transportation and good customer service is probably in the top ten but just barely.

I go to Subway tonite and get good correct service for a lousy $5.00 sandwich from a near minimum wage kid. Why is that?
No service, no customers, no business, no job. Simple concept.

Bob

Date: 06/02/14 16:36
Author: kdrtrains

With what has become headline news lately, anything video taped or recorded on your phone in public can go public with no threat of privacy laws. We were always made aware that once we left the fire station we were on video so act accordingly. Amtrak is a public conveyance. If privacy laws were a problem then there would be no security cameras.

Date: 06/02/14 16:50
Author: Lackawanna484

kdrtrains Wrote:
> With what has become headline news lately,
> anything video taped or recorded on your phone in
> public can go public with no threat of privacy
> laws. We were always made aware that once we left
> the fire station we were on video so act
> accordingly. Amtrak is a public conveyance. If
> privacy laws were a problem then there would be no
> security cameras.

I'd be surprised if there's a reasonable expectation of privacy for somebody engaged in an activity in view of 50 people in a rail car, on a platform, etc. Amtrak may have its own rules about taping employees or video including employees, however. Unless that has been clearly communicated to the person doing the video taping, it wouldn't carry any legal weight.

On the broader issue of leaving the fire station or other place of business in a company uniform, or in a company truck, etc and doing something embarrassing, company rules often address these issues. You're representing the company when you wear their uniform, etc. On or off duty.

Date: 06/02/14 18:11

kdrtrains Wrote:
> With what has become headline news lately,
> anything video taped or recorded on your phone in
> public can go public with no threat of privacy
> laws. We were always made aware that once we left
> the fire station we were on video so act
> accordingly. Amtrak is a public conveyance. If
> privacy laws were a problem then there would be no
> security cameras.

you are more than likely correct ... i was thinking along the lines wire tap laws of private phone call conversations between individuals where people have the mindset that the conversations are just between the parties involved in the conversation

Date: 06/02/14 18:29
Author: RuleG

robj Wrote:
>
> I go to Subway tonite and get good correct service
> for a lousy $5.00 sandwich from a near minimum
> wage kid. Why is that?
> No service, no customers, no business, no job.
> Simple concept.
>
> Bob

I agree that Subway sandwiches are often lousy which is why I hope that company never gets an Amtrak food service contract. When I want a decent-tasting submarine sandwich, I go elsewhere.

Date: 06/02/14 18:38
Author: FrensicPic

Call and ask for "Customer RELATIONS", not Customer Service.

Date: 06/02/14 18:42
Author: Lackawanna484

Is there a process for selecting car attendants on Acela trains, or is it a straight seniority right to pick your routes?

Date: 06/02/14 18:57

Lackawanna484 Wrote:
> Is there a process for selecting car attendants on
> Acela trains, or is it a straight seniority right
> to pick your routes?

ooldest whiskers on the seniority roster gets the job

Pages:  [ 1 ][ 2 ] [ Next ]
Current Page:1 of 2

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0876 seconds