Home Open Account Help 186 users online

Passenger Trains > Amtrak Reservation Experience and Question

Date: 06/16/14 07:00
Amtrak Reservation Experience and Question
Author: andersonb109

I just booked a round trip on the Texas Eagle to Longview, TX to ride the Texas State Railroad. I used a live agent because Julie or the web site cannot assign specific rooms. The agent had no clue when I requested only an upstairs room and not in the Transition Sleeper. So I had to explain to her what that was and tell her the room numbers I would accept. So for the dates I wanted she nothing that met my criteria was available. So I asked what was and she said "room 10." Oh wait, although over the wheels and next to the door, room 10 is in the normal sleeper and upstairs. Good thing I asked. Anyway, two hours later I have yet to receive an e-mail confirmation/e-ticket from Amtrak. I did confirm my address with her and it's in my Guest Rewards profile. Should I be worried? I received an almost instant confirmation from Enterprise Car Rental, Hampton Inn, and The Texas State Railroad. Looking forward to riding one day and chasing the next.

Date: 06/16/14 07:17
Re: Amtrak Reservation Experience and Question
Author: yarrow

you should have received a nearly instant e-mail with itinerary and e-ticket. call 1-800-usa-rail, give the agent your reservation number or if you don't have that they can look it up. they will resend the e-mail

Date: 06/16/14 07:56
Author: railwaybaron

Since you have a Guest Rewards # did you use a GR agent? They are usually sharper.

Date: 06/16/14 08:07

Thanks for the reply. I thought you could only use a Guest Rewards agent if booking a Guest Rewards trip. I guess it's more like Delta where I use the Premium Line for all contact.

Date: 06/16/14 10:43

Well, calling Guest Rewards worked. Thanks for the tip. I had a great agent who apologized for the sloppy information from the original (who wanted to route me first north to Chicago, then south on the Eagle! An unfamiliar passenger probably would have either accepted that or said no thanks). Anyway coming back I'm in car 2299, room 4. So obviously its not the transition sleeper. But I'm not familiar with that line number. Going down for example its car 2120 which makes sense.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0261 seconds