Home Open Account Help 332 users online

Passenger Trains > Millennial Train Project

Date: 06/19/14 22:14
Millennial Train Project
Author: srlawton

http://bit.ly/Millenial-Train

Congratulations on the August charter, apparently Cal Zephyr Rail Cars. Send me a tweet when the kids finally change the world.

All right, call me a cynic. I tried the same thing but the service and scenery were so good, we forgot to do the world-changing stuff.

Hey- whatever works, just do the mileage and remember to take plenty of camera memory.

(Apologies if topic already posted... May? I just saw it on a tweet.)

Date: 06/20/14 08:14
Re: Millennial Train Project
Author: tcpearson

This trip is operated by LARail.com. It will be from Portland to New York with LARail cars.

Posted from Android

Date: 06/20/14 08:17
Author: railwaybaron

Yep, I see that life in India has really changed for the better after the first Millennial Train ran there! Remember the Earth Train pulled by steam from the Bay Area to LAUS? The ride on Mr. Ansultz's private car "Kansas" really changed my life--I bought the old "Wilson McCarthy" name plate that had been replaced by the "Kansas" name plate. Wasn't there some sort of Music/Art cross country train recently that held its big event in Barstow? I noticed the big changes in Barstow when I stopped there to see 4014. Those whose minds are focused on the "future" will do nothing for the needs of the present...Our first "Millennial Train" was the Baby-Boomer's landing moon landing in 1969--but one still can't take light rail to LAX. However, LARail will show the Millennials just how good the Greatest Generation had it on rails.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 06/20/14 09:38 by railwaybaron.

Date: 06/20/14 10:33
Author: Cumbresfan

You don't have to be a "Millennial" to enjoy this type of trip. LA Rail operates a variety of trips for the "young at heart" and most are priced within the means of the middle class. The obstacle to having more is Amtrak, who see Private Varnish as a cash cow and has increased mileage costs from $2.10 to $2.75 per mile this year alone. That makes it tough for those who own private cars and operate them as a business. Not many fit the typical car-owner stereotype of "The Rich and Famous."

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0403 seconds