Home Open Account Help 329 users online

Passenger Trains > Calling all Photos

Date: 07/30/14 18:09
Calling all Photos
Author: dlh

Hey all - We rode private cars (NP dome Observatory & SP sleeper Birch Grove)on a big circle trip around the USA in July and I'm looking for pictures of us passing through your area. We started in Cincinnati, Ohio on July 12 on the Cardinal to Chicago. From there it was the Zephyr to Emeryville departing Chicago on Sunday, July 13. We then headed down the coast on #11 to LA departing Oakland on Friday, July 18. At SLO a photo drone flew over us and I'd really like to get a copy of that shot. On Sunday, July 20, we departed LA on the Sunset for New Orleans. On Friday morning, July 25, we were behind the Crescent to Washington DC and on Sunday, July 27 we were again behind the Cardinal for the trip home to Cincinnati. All in all a very good trip with the exception of being 7 hours late to Emeryville. I saw lots of photographers along the route so I'm hopeful someone sees this and can send some shots. Thanks - Dan Hadley

Date: 07/30/14 18:26
Re: Calling all Photos
Author: icancmp193

Peasants! Please send your photos of the rich! :-)

Tom Y

Date: 07/30/14 18:45
Author: BuddPullman

Sounds like a great trip on two excellent railcars!

Date: 07/30/14 19:44
Author: amtrakwolverine

I was on the CZ departing Chicago on the 13th. I got a picture of you attached to the rear of the train. I tried to get a closeup of the cars at the station but it was to close to focus.

http://i61.photobucket.com/albums/h73/junkcollecter/OTOL%20Rockies%20Railfest%20Photos/100_1302_zps49e4514c.jpg

Date: 07/31/14 01:33
Author: bandob

Not the best photo, but here you are on 7/27, from the other Cardinal.

B&OB

Date: 07/31/14 03:08
Author: andersonb109

I've ridden both these cars on the last two AAPRCO Convention trains. Excellent hosts, crews, and the view out The Observatory can't be beat. I'm looking forward to having Moonlight Dome join the group in September.

Date: 07/31/14 07:19
Author: dlh

A big THANK YOU to all who have sent photos, both public and private. Any more out there? Still looking for the shot from that photo drone in San Luis Obispo.

Date: 07/31/14 16:49
Author: 91liberator

I can't seem to figure out how to link a youtube video here.

If you goto my site:
CMRSpublicity

And look for a video uploaded today called
Zephyr with Private Varnish

I think this is you leaving Martinez

Posted from Mobile Safari

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0388 seconds