Home Open Account Help 289 users online

Passenger Trains > The New England States Departing Buffalo!!!

Date: 08/02/14 20:32
The New England States Departing Buffalo!!!
Author: Amtrak288

OK Fine, I had to rattle the nerves of my fellow members here on TO with that title! This was last Thursday morning on #49, here we have three private cars on the shortly before departing Buffalo-Depew Station.

1. Wide-angle view of the three cars, from left to right: Sleeping Car "Berlin", Seaboard Lounge Car "Hollywood Beach" and bringing up the markers is New York Central Budd Observation Car (lettered for Pullman Service on the famed New York Central train which ran at one time on this mainline, "The New England States") "Babbling Brook".

2. Roster photo of the Hollywood Beach. I would have done close-ups of all 3 cars but these Manual HDR images were taken during the second spot of the train and their station work was done before I could get anymore pix!

Questions/comments welcome!!!

Date: 08/02/14 20:47
Re: The New England States Departing Buffalo!!!
Author: Wurli1938

Very nice. Thanks for posting.

Posted from Android

Date: 08/02/14 21:01
Author: ironmtn

Beautiful images, Geno. Thanks so much for sharing them. I hope it was just a special for you to see these stylish cars there in Buffalo as it was for me to see "Babbling Brook" a day later, passing through tiny La Plata, Missouri on ex-Santa Fe trackage.

These images already got a long and appreciative look from me, and they'll get much more. Thanks again.

MC
Columbia, Missouri

Date: 08/03/14 11:05
Author: aussiehinz

I sure the pictures too, and made a dash out into the pouring rain at Halsted Street, west of "MH" Tower, just to see it go by one more time on the rear end of #3 last Friday...

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0376 seconds