Home Open Account Help 323 users online

Passenger Trains > Tower 55 track work progress?

Date: 08/27/14 18:58
Tower 55 track work progress?
Author: AMTK787

I will be traveling out of LAUPT on #422/2 (Texas Eagle/Sunset Limited) on September 5th. There is supposed to be major track work going on around the Tower 55 area and it was scheduled for completion by August 31st. (In the meantime, Amtrak has been “bustituting” between the two train sets). My final destination is Little Rock, AR.

Does anyone know if the track work has been completed early and the trains are running as normal? If not, do they expect to finish on-time by 8/31? Or does it look like the track work will continue through 9/5 and we will be put on a bus?

Any info appreciated. Thanks!

Date: 08/27/14 21:25
Re: Tower 55 track work progress?
Author: Lansing

As of 8/26, all major track construction is done. Only small track details are being done now. All testing should be done by Thursday 8/28. I wouldn't see any reason Amtrak can't be running now so i can see it running like normal in the next few days.

Date: 08/28/14 07:18
Author: rww

No. 21 will operate from Ft Worth beginning Sep 2 and No. 22 will begin operating from San Antonio beginning Sep 3.

rww

Date: 08/28/14 13:30
Author: CA_Sou_MA_Agent

AMTK787 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Does anyone know if the track work has been
> completed early and the trains are running as
> normal? If not, do they expect to finish on-time
> by 8/31? Or does it look like the track work will
> continue through 9/5 and we will be put on a bus?

Maybe they'll restore the San Antonio - Ft. Worth service in the same manner that they've dealt with the New Orleans - Jacksonville segment.

Date: 08/28/14 17:35
Author: mundo

The above post explains when service is restored, review it again.

Date: 08/29/14 05:50
Author: 3rd_Raton

The majority of the work is complete. Here's a post from the FL9 blog on the work at Tower 55 -

http://fl9.com/2014/08/st-louis-by-way-of-tower-55/

Date: 08/29/14 17:05
Author: AMTK787

Thank you so much for the info guys! This helps us out a lot, and that last post with the link to all of the Tower 55 construction pictures is awesome. Very much looking forward to this trip, and it’s much more comforting now that we know there won’t be any bustitutions. Thanks again!

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0381 seconds