Home Open Account Help 258 users online

Passenger Trains > Another bad night on the Mohawk

Date: 09/10/14 18:31
Another bad night on the Mohawk
Author: twropr

Not sure what is going on with CSX's Water Level Route in Upstate NY. Listening to the Mohawk feed, MAPLE LEAF #64 and LAKE SHORE LIMITED #49 were each stopped on either side of Palatine Bridge for about 20 min. Once they moved, the two Amtrak's stopped so that #49 could drop off a fresh train crew for #64. #64 lost about 40 min Utica-Amsterdam but #49, which left Schenectady on time, has already been delayed over an hour. Once #49 started moving from its stop signal at CP 198 it has been running on restricting and approach signals, following freights.
Andy

Date: 09/10/14 18:52
Re: Another bad night on the Mohawk
Author: tomcough

I drove Rt 5 from Fonda to Herkimer tonight. For those not familiar with the area, Rt. 5 follows the Water Level Route in many places along this stretch. I noticed that CSX had a track crew out somewhere west of Palentine Bridge, I think. That might have contributed to at least some of the delay

Tom Coughlin
Stow, MA

Date: 09/11/14 05:28
Author: joemvcnj

40 minutes. Applying Penn Central standards to CSX, and by what has gone on all summer, that is not bad at all.

Date: 09/11/14 11:13
Author: toledopatch

CSX had a rail gang between Herkimer and Little Falls when I drove by on the Thruway Sunday evening.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0243 seconds