Home Open Account Help 351 users online

Passenger Trains > Special Pullman run for new Anne Hills CD "Tracks"

Date: 09/18/14 10:36
Special Pullman run for new Anne Hills CD "Tracks"
Author: eee

Tonight's Pullman trip to New Orleans (six cars on the City of New Orleans)is a special celebration of Anne Hills new CD called "Tracks" which is all train or train-related tunes, most of which are new. She has a great Pullman porter tribute song, and a song called "I Rode 'Em All, Man," which is a list of trains she has ridden, you will recognize many of them.

My favorite is called "Like a Train." It has this line: "Some memories are like that, rolling steady, rolling fast, just like the Twentieth Century Limited, made to last..." That's a great sentiment.

Here's a link to the CD if you're interested in great music (disclosure: I play the steam whistle on two tracks): http://www.annehills.com/recordings/tracks/

Photos:
1. Album cover, IC 2904 in the background
2. Anne at the Mountain Rails Live Concert Series on the Rio Grande Scenic Railroad, Fir, Colorado
3. Anne with Fred Hargrove (left) and Don Richmond (right). Don produced the new CD and plays several instruments on various tracks....

Date: 09/18/14 21:14
Re: Special Pullman run for new Anne Hills CD "Tracks"
Author: cardo72

Great job, Ed. This looks like a real kick! Having been to Fir numerous times, I can only imagine how much fun this trip will be. Don Richmond is Mr. Music.

Cardo

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0343 seconds