Home Open Account Help 300 users online

Passenger Trains > Not Stopping Here! San Clemente Surfliner today

Date: 09/22/14 12:53
Not Stopping Here! San Clemente Surfliner today
Author: Kimball

Had some business in San Clemente, Ca. this morning, and after arriving early, what better way to kill some time than go look for a train? I went to the station at the north end of the city; the platform featured Metrolink ticket machines. That must explain why this southbound Surfliner was doing about 40 per and using the horn freely as he just blew past about 8:50 this morning! He may stop a few miles south at the pier station, I really do not know. He is just entering a long stretch of beach running on this last morning of Summer. He is also about to enter a nice patch of sunlight - yes, I snapped the photo a tad early as I backed away!

Date: 09/22/14 12:59
Re: Not Stopping Here! San Clemente Surfliner today
Author: Railrev

Southbound Amtrak trains stop at the pier a couple of times in the morning and northbounds stop a couple of times in the afternoon. Metrolink stops north of the pier except for the weekend Inland Empire trains which might still stop at the pier.

Date: 09/22/14 13:51
Author: Mudrock

The train you saw was Pacific Surfliner 564 which does not stop at the Pier. The next two southbound trains Pacific Surfliner 566 and 768 do stop at the pier as do northbound trains
Pacific Surfliner 583 and 785 stop at the pier.

Chris

Date: 09/22/14 22:56
Author: mundo

Refer to a Surfliner timetable It shows where stops are.

Date: 09/23/14 12:49
Author: Kimball

You all understand that I was sharing the joy of finding a train in the 15 minutes I had to kill, and the surprise of having him blast on by, right? Was not looking for TT advice...

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0354 seconds