Home Open Account Help 220 users online

Passenger Trains > read just for the pleasure of it . . .

Date: 10/25/14 14:58
read just for the pleasure of it . . .
Author: RevRandy

Nothing political, nor foamer, just good travel writing that evokes the magical sense of train travel. Enjoy!

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/10/26/travel/a-writing-retreat-by-rail-from-paris-to-the-cote-dazur.html?ref=travel

Date: 10/25/14 15:22
Re: read just for the pleasure of it . . .
Author: mundo

Sorry, this type post can no longer be posted. Ha Ha.

Date: 10/25/14 15:58
Author: Ptolemy

You are not allowed to post this type of report on TO.

Date: 10/25/14 19:51
Author: ruthyard

Thanks, I needed that.

Richard Cook
Wichita Falls, TX

Date: 10/26/14 05:48
Author: Lackawanna484

It was an enjoyable read. Thanks for posting it.

I'll have to look for Ms Caravajal's book.

Date: 10/26/14 10:24
Author: knotch8

It's an excellent article, full of the romance of train travel. I'm sure that many of us connected with how this writer enjoys trains.

How many mistakes did readers find as she described the trains? There were quite a few, but it was a fun article to read. Makes me want to go back and ride TGVs and see Provence again.

I sent it to all of my writer friends and, of course, they all see it as a reason/excuse to go to France and to the Riviera.

Date: 10/26/14 16:38
Author: PERichardson

Careful TO, more of this kind of writing might change the minds of passenger train naysayers.

Date: 10/26/14 19:50
Author: ironmtn

masterphots Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Careful TO, more of this kind of writing might
> change the minds of passenger train naysayers.

Such change would be very good. But I regrettably have little hope that it might occur. The anti-Amtrak negativity of many on this site is very deeply rooted, indeed.

But, a nice article. Pretty well describes what just about any train trip does for me. It doesn't have to be Provence (lovely though that surely must be). Even St. Louis to Chicago will do. And even Amtrak has "shaken loose", to use the writer's phrase, a bunch of good ideas for me. Imagine that...

MC
Columbia, Missouri

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0323 seconds